OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting YOUR Event on the Public Calendar

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> LANs, Clans, and Cafes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wayne Frazee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Getting YOUR Event on the Public Calendar Reply with quote

Email [email][email protected]">[email protected]</a> or <a href="mailto:[email protected][/email] with the following:

The day(s) of your event (Febuary 1 through 3, 2004)
The title of your Event (ThisIsA LAN)
The description of your Event (Come check out ThisIsA LAN, it will be so l33t, etc etc etc).

The description can have your weblinks in it, any information about the event you would like to convey, etc and we will post it for the public to see on the OMF forums calendar.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mrguytodd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting YOUR Event on the Public Calendar Reply with quote

I love your example of the description Very Happy

Oh...can I post here?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting YOUR Event on the Public Calendar Reply with quote

No release date?
Plugo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting YOUR Event on the Public Calendar Reply with quote

Quote:
No release date?

haha yeah right... have you learned nothing about DE in your time here?

And even if they put a release date there, they wouldn't make it anyway. Unless it was in 2097, in which case they'd probably release it a little ahead of schedule.

"What do they sell at Wal-mart... walls?" - Paris Hilton
LoneWolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting YOUR Event on the Public Calendar Reply with quote

hmm... the game's taking shape nicely. DE is also working their behinds off trying to get it finished and still keep us occupied, so I'm not making any guesses either way.
robusa80

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting YOUR Event on the Public Calendar Reply with quote

our birthdays are not posted in the calendar and it said it would be.... Sad
Plugo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting YOUR Event on the Public Calendar Reply with quote

yeah I was wondering about that too...

"What do they sell at Wal-mart... walls?" - Paris Hilton
Wayne Frazee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Getting YOUR Event on the Public Calendar Reply with quote

Quote:
our birthdays are not posted in the calendar and it said it would be.... Sad

Very True. The board software supports birthdays and we certainly try to keep the birthdate information in the databases for COPPA reasons, however because birthdays are considered by some to be sensitve information, I chose not to enable the public birthday feature in the interest of protecting privacy.

That is not to say that it will NEVER be enabled, because we might enable it in future, just not yet. And there will be plenty of notice and attention given to community feedback on the matter if we do consider it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Zelig

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Getting YOUR Event on the Public Calendar Reply with quote

On peoples' birthdays, they get a little cake icon beside their name in all their posts.
robusa80

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Getting YOUR Event on the Public Calendar Reply with quote

Quote:
That is not to say that it will NEVER be enabled, because we might enable it in future, just not yet. And there will be plenty of notice and attention given to community feedback on the matter if we do consider it.

How about if we email you or some how agree to have our birthdays on the calendar?
killer_roach

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting YOUR Event on the Public Calendar Reply with quote

Heh... I could care less... I'm almost never online on my birthday.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Plugo2K

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting YOUR Event on the Public Calendar Reply with quote

Quote:
I chose not to enable the public birthday feature in the interest of protecting privacy.

If that's the case, then why are we able to view peoples' birthdays in their profile?
XP Home, DirectX 9.0c, ADSL
Proud Beta Tester of The First On-Line 3D Fighting Game that is trying really hard not to suck.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> LANs, Clans, and Cafes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: