OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Really big problem !!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Really big problem !! Reply with quote

Hey there, I got a Omf BG for Christmas and was very happy about it and first it worked all fine :thumbsup:

But then I tried to play it online and it autoupdated itself, then - SURPRISE - :

1. Nearly everytime I play it online I get a pingage above 200 and I'm at aDSL, could someone explain this to me ?

2. When I'm playing the world open cup and there are more than 4 Hars are in the arena, it lags heavy and sometimes it even crashes !

Here my system specifications (which meet the minimum):

1.8 Ghz Pentium 4
786 MB-SDRAM
Geforce 3 Ti 200

does anyone have an idea why this game messes up after the update ?

Plz help me, i wanna play this game without any problems Sad

Creative methods around the swear filter are looked down upon. Please respect the system.
Your friendly, neighborhood moderator,
Malfrex
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Really big problem !! Reply with quote

hum.... so it played fine before updating? That's strange.

As for the ping, where are you located? Most of the servers are in the US so far.

Blind patriotism
RKDelos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Really big problem !! Reply with quote

Here's a few suggestions:
- when online, close all other apps that have access to the internet i.e. downloads etc.
- with the large number of HARs in the arena: I will suggest the Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3 tricks, but I'm not sure if these work in Retail.
Confirmation on this one pls?

Lastly, no creative cursing, pls.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Really big problem !! Reply with quote

Quote:
hum.... so it played fine before updating? That's strange.

As for the ping, where are you located? Most of the servers are in the US so far.

No SP was fine before the autopatch, this is a known issue and being worked on, the ping.. ye.. location? ps 200ms should be doable.. Wink

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
NightShadow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Really big problem !! Reply with quote

ctrl+2 and ctrl+3 do not work in retail.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ElementFire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Really big problem !! Reply with quote

Neither does the quick exit key combo.
Zelig

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Really big problem !! Reply with quote

Nothing except ctrl+n works in the retail afaik.
salem

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Really big problem !! Reply with quote

What????????? no ctrl+2 neither ctrl+3 at the final version???
And how i could play the game :s , at 4 fps????
Please put it on the retail DE!!!!! Sad
a4out

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Really big problem !! Reply with quote

Only a 200 ping? Mine is 300 with ADSL because I live on the otherside of the world to the servers lol
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Really big problem !! Reply with quote

jo there, really big thx for you "help", i know you tried to help me but actually i didnt get a solution for my problem .... di you think you could give it another try ? :biggrin2:
veryorkish

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Really big problem !! Reply with quote

Mkay, First when it crashes post the bug report in this thread. Second, what settings are you running it at? Thirdly, if you have norton turn it off while playing because both are memory hogs and its better if they don't fight because omf loses. Lastly, what os are you running on? Windows Me has known issues with omf and 98 is notorious for memory leaks.
LoneWolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Really big problem !! Reply with quote

how'bout this: 200 ping isn't really that bad. Yes, it's worse than the 150 that i find standard, but the game is really quite playable up to 450 ping in my experience.

And with lots of players, too.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: