OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[2151] STUPID public servers.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zircondrogin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: [2151] STUPID public servers. Reply with quote

I can't join any of the public servers because it freezes when it says 'activating video and audio' but i can still hear the music. I can go into other servers just fine but sometimes they just suck. The xgames servers in beta demo are really good, but they are only in beta demo, so i find myself being unable to play online in retail Mad.
Rob Elam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: [2151] STUPID public servers. Reply with quote

Quote:
I can't join any of the public servers because it freezes when it says 'activating video and audio' but i can still hear the music. I can go into other servers just fine but sometimes they just suck. The xgames servers in beta demo are really good, but they are only in beta demo, so i find myself being unable to play online in retail Mad.

Yea, I'm working on this, I'm a bit confused right now since all my dedicated servers here work fine. I'll get something working as soon as possible though, sorry for the inconvenience.
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: [2151] STUPID public servers. Reply with quote

Confi..... uhm nevermind

Electronic Gaming Machine
Zelig

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: [2151] STUPID public servers. Reply with quote

Quote:

You could make your own server, when I make one, it gets full with 4 people in a few minutes.
ShadowFire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: [2151] STUPID public servers. Reply with quote

ok here is how it works. Due to the loading order if there is not a player in the srver before you join, you will not load. This does not mean dedicated servers dont work, they do, it just takes adding an ai bot before anyone can join. The players who attempt to join the server are stopped at the activating video and audio screen, after all the names are loaded. As time goes by if you stay in the game, you will se people join, but still neither you or they will load. This is why I have taken to hosting servers, which is another post in its own. I have confirmed this with oak, since we were talking in msn. Before, during and after trying to join.

the server needs a player in it, then the loading order works, and the game can get past the avtivating audio and video screen.

P4 LGA775 3.4 Prescott
Nvidia 6800GT
4x512 mb dual channel 400mhz ram
2x250 GB SATA Drives
Realtek AC97 Built in 6.1 Sound
Gigabit Lan
8xUSB 2.0
3x120mm fans w/ fan control
DFI LANparty 875P-T

ShadowFire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: [2151] STUPID public servers. Reply with quote

off topic lol @ zircondrogin, we posted this one minute apart from each other. :biggrin2:

P4 LGA775 3.4 Prescott
Nvidia 6800GT
4x512 mb dual channel 400mhz ram
2x250 GB SATA Drives
Realtek AC97 Built in 6.1 Sound
Gigabit Lan
8xUSB 2.0
3x120mm fans w/ fan control
DFI LANparty 875P-T

buda4500

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: [2151] STUPID public servers. Reply with quote

that seems to make complete sense as I was able to join a server on my first try. The only player in it was Rob heh. He asked me if I am able to join without problems, but unknowningly I simple said 'yes its fine'
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: