OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Elite] On XPLAY - BG REVIEW, note I will still watch 'em.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowFire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: [Elite] On XPLAY - BG REVIEW, note I will still watch 'e Reply with quote

so i cant go dl it, or watch it anywhere, dang it,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

must find web version hopes one exists :confused:

/Edit: Edited due to popular demand, lol, no one appreciates spam

P4 LGA775 3.4 Prescott
Nvidia 6800GT
4x512 mb dual channel 400mhz ram
2x250 GB SATA Drives
Realtek AC97 Built in 6.1 Sound
Gigabit Lan
8xUSB 2.0
3x120mm fans w/ fan control
DFI LANparty 875P-T

Y2K_MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: [Elite] On XPLAY - BG REVIEW, note I will still watch 'e Reply with quote

can someone tape it and put it up for dl here?
Endy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: [Elite] On XPLAY - BG REVIEW, note I will still watch 'e Reply with quote

OMG someone post [email protected]#$

I want too see me.

LOOK WHAT I FIND: http://www.techtv.com/tvshows/gettechtv/story/0,23350,2122587,00.html/?heading
Tylik Vacnaar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: [Elite] On XPLAY - BG REVIEW, note I will still watch 'e Reply with quote

edit your post darner,

and i will try to

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: [Elite] On XPLAY - BG REVIEW, note I will still watch 'e Reply with quote

Quote:
OMG someone post [email protected]#$

I want too see me.

Dont flatter yourself, Endy.

I dont have a camcorder but I will watch it or maybe tape it with my camera (no sound).

sorry Sad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: [Elite] On XPLAY - BG REVIEW, note I will still watch 'e Reply with quote

Quote:
yeah.

That rox! I will try to tape it aswell. Smile
ShadowFire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: [Elite] On XPLAY - BG REVIEW, note I will still watch 'e Reply with quote

hehe i can get the actual program i think, im not sure, we shall see, ive never taped on my digital cable. and i know i cant watch and tape on it, lol that will cause some uproar in my household, as only one tv is digitally enabled, plus how in the world would i upload it to the web, how do u go from tape to computer data?????????

P4 LGA775 3.4 Prescott
Nvidia 6800GT
4x512 mb dual channel 400mhz ram
2x250 GB SATA Drives
Realtek AC97 Built in 6.1 Sound
Gigabit Lan
8xUSB 2.0
3x120mm fans w/ fan control
DFI LANparty 875P-T

Tylik Vacnaar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: [Elite] On XPLAY - BG REVIEW, note I will still watch 'e Reply with quote

I have a vid capture card that I will use.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: [Elite] On XPLAY - BG REVIEW, note I will still watch 'e Reply with quote

I have a pinnacle studio box and a monster hard drive.
mrguytodd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: [Elite] On XPLAY - BG REVIEW, note I will still watch 'e Reply with quote

Um, is TechTV on InsightBB on demand tv? >_> Because there's a (good) chance I'll have access to that on saturday morning.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: [Elite] On XPLAY - BG REVIEW, note I will still watch 'e Reply with quote

sigh... I wish I could watch techtv
Sad

Blind patriotism
killer_roach

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: [Elite] On XPLAY - BG REVIEW, note I will still watch 'e Reply with quote

I don't agree with a whole lot of the review.

First off, I haven't had a crash in all of my offline testing since Build 2010. Online is another story, but I won't go into that here.

Second off, I don't notice as much "shiny" as they claim. In fact, there isn't that much apart from the HARs and the Desert pyramid.

Third, I will throttle any reviewer who thinks a controller is superior to a keyboard for this game. I've tried a couple of controllers, and they don't work quite as well.

Fourth, unchallenging AI? I dare them to play on Master then... with their pathetic controllers that will impede their precision combo landing, they'd get smacked up one way and down the other.

They use anything less than 3 stars as a more or less "kiss of death" on X-Play... not good. And it's seeming to become a pattern for this game... which I can't understand. It's not GotY material, perhaps, but it's not bad... I'd give it between 3 and 4 stars if I were reviewing the game right now.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
G_Kaisar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: [Elite] On XPLAY - BG REVIEW, note I will still watch 'e Reply with quote

crashes seem to be almost random (thought they clearly aren't). some people say that they have never had a crash, even when they have cards that aren't supported by BG. some people with nearly identical components will yield different success in regards to crashes. and people with the same drivers will also yeild different results as well. BG is just a tempermental little gem isn't it?
yeah, controllers may be convenient at first (since it feels more natural for a fighting game). but it is much too cumbersome and unresponsive when compared to a keyboard. i'm going to try to learn to play with the keyboard. i think that extra response time could be a real edge...

P4 2.0A 512 cache
1 GIG XMS PC2700 DDR
Radeon 9700 128 mb (9800SE soft mod)
SB live 5.1
Windows Xp Pro SP1
Saitek Dual Analog
Juan Villegas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: [Elite] On XPLAY - BG REVIEW, note I will still watch 'e Reply with quote

Quote:

Fourth, unchallenging AI? I dare them to play on Master then... with their pathetic controllers that will impede their precision combo landing, they'd get smacked up one way and down the other.

I'm sure they were playing on the default difficulty and never tried to increase it. We've seen that in almost all the reviews. So for the Demo we're going to make the default difficulty Veteran or Champion. It might make it more frustrating to new player but at least they won't be able to say that the AI isn't unchallenging.

DE
Endy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: [Elite] On XPLAY - BG REVIEW, note I will still watch 'e Reply with quote

It's real simple, dont let the user choose the difficulty.

Set the difficulty to the match.

IE: Stacy + Gracy should be on rookie, but by the time you get to raven, he should fight at the master level. Gradually increasing.

Then at the start of the next tournament start at like medium and work up so the last 2 or 3 matches are master.

the har masters should be all master and the character quests should too.

That will make it seem like the opponents get better and it wont scare the noobs away early on since they will win the first match or two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: