OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[2151] Noticable Difference

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: [2151] Noticable Difference Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't even get to test anything 204*. By the time I got to patch it, we had gone from 2132 to 2151. Anyway, here's what I notice:

1) When I first started games, there was always this visual "hiccup" the first time a move connected. The result of the hit never being loaded into memory. This seems to be improved, but not entirely fixed.

2) While it all looks nicer, and frame rates are overall more consistent, they've also been getting progressively worse. I've had to drop from 1280*1024 to 1024*768 to 800*600 to get a decent FPS. (my GFFX has this habit of keeping the FPS at these 3 res' within +-10 FPS) Glow still doesn't work.

3) Spelling! I swear, work a simple spellchecker into the Notepad you use! Normally it's simple stuff you could easily overlook, but in Raven's Redemption, I fould "hydrolic" amongst stuff I wouldn't normally notice!

Yeah, that's about it. The visual hiccups are my biggest complaint. And where's the random pilot / har for hosting games- even more, where's our arcade mode? *grin*

Scorpion Navy Issue
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: [2151] Noticable Difference Reply with quote

Not to bump my own thread, but for some reason, the ForceWare drivers are crap. I just re-installed my GFMX200 with the Omega drivers, and while it's by far slower than my FX5.6K, it doesn't hiccup. Yay OmegaCorner!

Anyway:

1. Mt. Haishiro has a green volcano! GFMX / GFFX, turn off reflections, glow, and bump mapping.
green.jpg]http://www.epicrevival.net/special/fx_bugs/[2151]green.jpg
(This is such an old bug...)

2. Gargoyle does not hold powerups properly while flying.
powerup.jpg]http://www.epicrevival.net/special/fx_bugs/[2151]powerup.jpg

Scorpion Navy Issue
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: [2151] Noticable Difference Reply with quote

erm.. those screenys are messed up :p

and yes omega's are fast drivers Smile

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Alexander de Large

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: [2151] Noticable Difference Reply with quote

Uhm, I think there is more wrong with those pictures than just your game bugs, Ravo.

Also, I would like to announce that I haven't even played this game for a couple weeks now because I'm too fed up the issues, especially the crashes. Somebody PM me when the game is playable again.
Zelig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: [2151] Noticable Difference Reply with quote

Quote:
1. Mt. Haishiro has a green volcano! GFMX / GFFX, turn off reflections, glow, and bump mapping.
green.jpg]http://www.epicrevival.net/special/fx_bugs/[2151]green.jpg
(This is such an old bug...)

I think all you need to do is disable reflections.

Quote:
Somebody PM me when the game is playable again.

I'll try and remember that...
Wraiyth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: [2151] Noticable Difference Reply with quote

Raven, the Glow issues I think are not with BG but rather with the FX series.
From memory Rob's tried to do everythin he can to fix it but hasn't succeeded. The FX was also causing everything silver to be blue in older builds.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: