OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

online npc player bugs...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ouch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: online npc player bugs... Reply with quote

As some of you know I host online games with AI Players. there are some troublesome bugs that keep showing up and I'll explain them here.

1. whenever someone connects then leaves this causes the game to attempt to load the replaced AI player back. however it ALWAYS fails to do this correctly. the game performs a host of screwups when doing this. the most common is that there is no model shown for the player. sometimes it loads only parts of models (like garg wings). and it always loads a AI slot different from what got replaced. like for instance tyris/garg gets replaced by a real player, then when that player leaves, the game loads zyris colored garg wings. but the target ID says it's tyra, and the invisible movements are of a mantis. (slot 1 is zyris/garg and slot 6 is tyra/mantis, with seven npc slots overall) things get reset when the game loads the next arena though.

2. EVERY AI pilot has problems being a mantis. they do the slide flip kick into non active people. non active being they are lying on the ground, or dodgeing or some other reason. this causes them to pop up to complete the move allowing a devestating combo to be made on them. some agressive pilots do this constantly.

3. on the map "pharoho's fire" there is a bug which causes the npc to wander near the jumps to the nukes and then run back off it then back on etc... they continue to do this till something happens to them (audience strike, another npc or player hits them hard enough, etc...) note: they never actually make it to the jump pad, they stop just before they get thrown.

4. sometimes a katana counter made by an npc will cause them to fly a good distance away. it's almost like they are trying to do a wall leap or something. (huge mistake for pharaho's fire, they spend a good amount of time bounceing on mines all the way back)

5. would it be possible to make a random pilot/har selections? for instance on the drop down list have a pilot named random. then every time the areana gets loaded the game picks a random pilot for that slot.

6. NPC's with gargs never check where they are landing. they just land wherever. on arctic depth this is a major problem. you almost can't fight a NPC garg on that map, they always fly into the water.

7. nice job on the AI boost with 2051 patch Smile they really needed some help. But they still are not tough enough to beat me Smile Sure some anoy me but I make them remember who they are dealing with Smile kudos to your programmers. being a hobbiest programmer myself I know that over a hundred pilots with different fighting styles, coupled with bots of multiple fighting styles is a daunting task to complete. But with enough coffie anything can happen I guess Smile

edit: NPC's as Chronus always does the close range freeze, then does the jump drop 2 hit super move. they always fail because the other person is never touching the ground at the time of the explosion.

ouch

scientifically engineered to hate StarForce

robusa80

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: online npc player bugs... Reply with quote

npc?
Tylik Vacnaar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: online npc player bugs... Reply with quote

non player charector you can tell he plays alot of rpg's
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: