OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[OT] Cure for a hangover
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: [OT] Cure for a hangover Reply with quote

Drink plenty of water after you drink (not when you have the headache, before it happens). A hangover is the result of a dehydrated brain and very little else.
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: [OT] Cure for a hangover Reply with quote

Quote:
I heard that if you mix redbull with any drink, and it's achaholic affect is taken out.

Alcohol CAN'T be filtered out of your blood by drinking something, heck, a Red Bull would prolly fasten the effect because of all the sugars and caffiene in it (then you're drunk AND Hyper-active, start bouncing already) the only way to get alcohol out of your sytem is drink lotsa water the day after, and after you drank, and let your liver do the rest.

Electronic Gaming Machine
flamincows

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: [OT] Cure for a hangover Reply with quote

Well I guess Bob and Tom could be wrong, but I don't think it's likely. Smile
Jinded

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: [OT] Cure for a hangover Reply with quote

Yeah Toast!
Wraiyth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: [OT] Cure for a hangover Reply with quote

Quote:
Drink plenty of water after you drink (not when you have the headache, before it happens). A hangover is the result of a dehydrated brain and very little else.

That's not a cure - it's a prevention. There are many ways to prevent a hangover, you could just say don't drink at all
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: [OT] Cure for a hangover Reply with quote

Except that my way is infinitely better because you can still get drunk and not have a hangover.
flamincows

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: [OT] Cure for a hangover Reply with quote

As long as you aren't too drunk to remember to drink water.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: [OT] Cure for a hangover Reply with quote

i prefer this approach... dont drink at all...

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
X-BoT

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: [OT] Cure for a hangover Reply with quote

Drinking is ok, imo. Adds to the fun, but too much can take away from it.. or you might not remember how much fnu you had at all :p

Personally I stop when I feel a little tipsy.. Symptoms: You're talking a lot more than you usually do, you errr more than usual, you have a little trouble keeping focused on things (not literally focused.. but in the mental sense).

I don't see how people manage to ignore all those and keep drinking, eventually going out of control and then making a fool out of themselves, only to not remember anything the next day and feel sorry for what they did.

[ X-BoT's OMF Universe ] [ System Specs ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: [OT] Cure for a hangover Reply with quote

aah the ever present black gaps in your memory, I know them, but key events stay present up there in my head no matter what. Just, the less important stuff gets deleted easier.

Electronic Gaming Machine
Tylik Vacnaar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: [OT] Cure for a hangover Reply with quote

Yeah my memories are filling with chunks of black spaces....

I hate waking up in bed with a girl that I don't even know her name, or worse yet wear I my truck is.

Nothing worse than waking up a total stranger and asking we were together last night seen my truck.. its not outside....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: [OT] Cure for a hangover Reply with quote

Well, I've never drank to the extent that I forgot anything though I do know people who've acted like total idiots (which is totally not them when sober) and didn't remember a single thing the next day. Or those who had so much fun they had no idea how they ended up at home in the morning :p

[ X-BoT's OMF Universe ] [ System Specs ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Crashed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: [OT] Cure for a hangover Reply with quote

Memory holes are not fun, especially when you're busy talking to 2 friends, blink and wake up 12 hours later :sweat2:
Later I found out I just slept those 12 hours (luckily :p)
Sapphire Radeon 9800SE AIW @ Pro, 128 MB RAM, 2048/320 ADSL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: