OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Fragment Issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Balance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vuen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The Fragment Issue Reply with quote

Quote:
I've never seen anyone escape.

Me and Xar used to try to find ways out of it, but we failed miserably.

Crap. Discomb and I just tested and it's unescapable, lag or no lag. That makes Mantis now have 2 unescapable fragments, and still is the only bot who can do this.

[filtered] DE. This would be such a great game without all these [filtered] bugs. I'm starting to wonder if I should even bother with these mod ideas.
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: The Fragment Issue Reply with quote

Vuen lol with mods you can change the bugs yourself (apparantly). simply Modify mantis to your hearts content.
Vuen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: The Fragment Issue Reply with quote

Yeah and how many people will want to play my idea of what's balanced as opposed to anyone else's? The last thing I'd ever to is make up my own balance mod to the game.

Besides, what makes everybody think it's so darn easy to fix these bugs? DE's been at this for 6 years, and every half-baked parents' garage programmer thinks they can come in and whiff out the bugs themselves? Please.
Wraiyth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: The Fragment Issue Reply with quote

Quote:
Vuen lol with mods you can change the bugs yourself (apparantly). simply Modify mantis to your hearts content.

Yeah. With mods, you CAN change the bugs yourself.
1) The nature of the way stuff like that is done makes possible to do. But it would have to be re-done every single patch. Trust me, I've been there and tested it. Rob's even verified it. Once the tools are at a public release, I'll explain exactly why if you don't believe me
2) Who ever said it was SIMPLE to modify a bot? If you can solve the above issue AND sucessfully balance every single bot EASILY and SIMPLY I'll give you a medal.
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: The Fragment Issue Reply with quote

ok A) it was a half sarcastic remark. B) when did i say it was easy.
Wraiyth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: The Fragment Issue Reply with quote

SIMPLY modify...

Quote:

Simple
Not involved or complicated; easy: a simple task. See Synonyms at easy.

Robyrt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: The Fragment Issue Reply with quote

I dunno, I think "simple" and "easy" mean two different things in modern parlance, because it's easy to conceive of a difficult yet simple task: for example, hitting the space bar 50000 times.

On balance mods: The only successful balance mods I know of are group efforts, with a lot of man-hours spent playtesting and pimping their version of the game. Most changes are also harder than they look.

So on a related note, which do you guys think would be better to balance Mantis sidepunch, which admittedly owns the rest of the sidepunches in the game?
1. Prevent it from trading hits with things by making it disappear when Mantis is hit (i.e. make it a physical attack that just looks like a projectile)
2. Prevent it from starting combos by making it knock sideways
3. Leave as is, beef up all other side attacks to compensate
Wraiyth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: The Fragment Issue Reply with quote

Does the spacebar ave to be hit 50000 times, or can you hold it down?
CloudFFVII

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: The Fragment Issue Reply with quote

i think the mantis side punch should hit further to the side, thats the only main difference between mantis' and gargoyle's side punches. (that and gargoyle's base hit damage is increadably underpowered considering the strength of his supers)

Supertalon for example is an insanely damaging move
SuperGlide great for crowd control with few weaknesses and can hit behind quite easilu
Superscream lol not so good could be made a much more useful move by a slight increase in range
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: The Fragment Issue Reply with quote

Quote:
Supertalon for example is an insanely damaging move

Except when it doesnt deal any damage :sweat2: *bug* *bug*

Quote:
Superscream lol not so good could be made a much more useful move by a slight increase in range

It works quite well for stunning an opponent...
example...

lk, rk, lp (enemy evades to the side), Super Scream

that tears a huge chunk of stun out of the opponent

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
Discomb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The Fragment Issue Reply with quote

You know whats a horrible fragment move, but does insane damage? Warlord's LK. With Right Hook:
a.LK > a.RP > fLP > fRP ! LK > RP > Right Throw > fLK > fRK > fLP > fRP > whatever.
That is extremely punishable while he is in the air, but glance at the damage..........
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Balance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: