OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheer up already people.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ouch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheer up already people. Reply with quote

Xaronth:

the reason why so few are playing it is because of these bugs. I have seen countless people come and go after playing the game and witnessing the many bugs. There is no way the original would have 1/4 of it's fan base had it been this buggy.

apparently endy is right (for once Smile ) if you call them "slight bugs" you must have not played this game.

why would anyone want to mod this game? knowing no one will play it with these bugs. the fanbase is ever decreasing because of them as it is now. and you want to throw in buggy mods into a buggy game yet. Yes, let's see if we can ACTUALLY cause hardware damage.

ouch

scientifically engineered to hate StarForce

TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheer up already people. Reply with quote

Quote:
Xaronth:

the reason why so few are playing it is because of these bugs. I have seen countless people come and go after playing the game and witnessing the many bugs. There is no way the original would have 1/4 of it's fan base had it been this buggy.

apparently endy is right (for once Smile ) if you call them "slight bugs" you must have not played this game.

why would anyone want to mod this game? knowing no one will play it with these bugs. the fanbase is ever decreasing because of them as it is now. and you want to throw in buggy mods into a buggy game yet. Yes, let's see if we can ACTUALLY cause hardware damage.

Yes the game would have done better if bug fixed for all issues wouldv been completed soon after the game's release, however now that all damage has already been done (reviews crushed the game, and the fanbase dissapeared), its too late for that kind of a change to get the desired effect. That is why were suggesting larger changes or possibly just start on a whole new game, rather then fixing bugs in the current. Small changes, regardles of how large these bugs may be, will not save the game, since the damage has already been done. The game is in bargain bins, even if the game would start selling again, the price made from the bargain bins would also not safe DE. DE needs larger changes, not just some small things that would hardly be noticed as a difference . Do you seriously not understand?

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Endy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheer up already people. Reply with quote

Quote:
endy is right (for once Smile

I am always right. :smirk:
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheer up already people. Reply with quote

Is your name Maddox, by any chance? Wink
Cyberfrog

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheer up already people. Reply with quote

Quote:

the reason why so few are playing it is because of these bugs.

I very much doubt that. The reason so few are playing is probably more that so few have bought the game. And personally, I doubt the poor sales have much to do with bugs. More likely "OMGZ NO MOUSELOOK!!" and "OMG A FIGHTER FOR THE PC" were major roadblocks. That, and depressingly poor reviews; reviews often of a quality only slightly above the level of "I CAN'T SIDESTEP OMGZ THIS SUCKS!"

The reason I'm not playing is mainly the state of the community, which is frankly quite depressing. When (some) people are unable to behave themselves and you get flame wars over NOTHING all over the place, said people are not worth hanging out with, and one is better off looking for more pleasant company elsewhere.

On the mod tools: They are extremely powerful, but they're not some god-sent gift that will make infidels everywhere see the heavenly glory of BG. In my darkest moments I don't think the mod tools will do the slightest bit to help sales. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Rob obviously has long-term plans, and I can only hope his hard work and dedication will pay off in the end. If you ask me DE deserved both more $$$$$$ and a heck of a lot more recogniton. I also dare say they deserve better than what they have been getting from parts of the community lately. Sure, the DE now doesn't seem to be the DE we once knew and loved and communicated with frequently, but remember: If we are disappointed with how things went, what do you think they are?
Xaronth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheer up already people. Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
erm ouch? arcade game like this?
This is a pc game Wink also the numerous problems you addressed, even if they might be good, wouldnt fix the game's main problem.

theres just something about fixing slight bugs for something thats played by so few

JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT PLAY DOESNT MEAN NO ONE PLAYS.

You are an idiot Xar. Just because you don't play anymore doesn't give you the right to run around telling everyone else to quit playing.

If it's not fun then STOP PARTICIPATING IN GAME RELATED DISCUSSION.

You are a sorry excuse for a beta tester and a community member. You have done nothing but offer arrogant comments and tell people they are stupid for playing the game YOU once loved.

[filtered] off.

i said to people to quit playing? i told people they were stupid for playing this game? im arrogant?

i will never [filtered] off, im sorry you cant read my posts in beta because you arent beta (thank god!)

i dont run around telling people to quit. sorry the fact im in beta and your not is making you angry.

get over it?
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
NightShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheer up already people. Reply with quote

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting Rob, and multiple times at that. It is very nice to here from DE again, first Judy last week, and now you. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Smile

I would have to say that I would prefer that the mod tools and the improved physics engine be released prior to a new patch. However, I am a bit biased, as I rarely have any game crashes, and the in game bugs don't really annoy me.

From what I remember, a good portion of the community left because they were either bored of the game, or just tired of waiting for the mod tools, promising to return once the mod tools were released.

Release of the mod tools should bring back both of the above groups of people, simply due to their release, and because if a certain part of the game isn't fun, then you can either change it or look for a mod already developed that changes it.

Also, the mod tools and physics engine are things that are more set in stone, changing a part in one doesn't really have the potential of throwing the rest of the system off. If they do a bug fix or balance patch, there is a very high likelihood of more problems cropping up; fix one thing, another thing breaks. Then we'll be asking for a new patch to fix everything while they are still trying to get the mod tools out the door. There is always something to fix, but once the mod tools are finished, they are finished. DE can still choose to improve on the mod tools if they feel like it after they have finished, but that should not take nearly as long or happen as frequently as bugs/balance issues with the game.

Release of the mod tools may or may not change the success of BG, although I'd be willing to bet that the mod tools would have more effect than another patch. In the long term of DE, however, both could be of great help. Should DE release another game, the simple fact that they have worked so long and hard on releasing the mod tools and patching the game (even if no additional patches, IMO) even though the game had so obviously flopped puts a big huge halo over DE's heads. It shows that they are willing to support their products no matter what. How DE chooses to support this game could largely affect any future sales, and IMO, DE are going in the right direction.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
robusa80

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Cheer up already people. Reply with quote

Can this thread please be locked or have a mod remove the posts that are off topic?
Socrates

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Cheer up already people. Reply with quote

so dont [filtered] read it if it bothers you, geez

im sick of people piling on threads requestiong a lock, its disgusting
Xaronth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheer up already people. Reply with quote

hey look juan is on! hey juan! Very Happy
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
Juan Villegas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheer up already people. Reply with quote

Hi Smile

DE
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheer up already people. Reply with quote

Get back to your desk! you have several bags of junk food yet to Devor! (and keep Kevin company so he doesnt rampage the board...)
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheer up already people. Reply with quote

Quote:
Get back to your desk! you have several bags of junk food yet to Devor! (and keep Kevin company so he doesnt rampage the board...)

rap, you forgot the chains... heya Juan, drop into the IRC if you would like! Very Happy

Electronic Gaming Machine
X-BoT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheer up already people. Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi Smile

:shocked:

[ X-BoT's OMF Universe ] [ System Specs ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Endy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheer up already people. Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi Smile

Whaddap. :thumbsup:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: