OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some Force Starters from Discomb

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Discomb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Some Force Starters from Discomb Reply with quote

Once again I was bored and desided to give Forcey another try. I have to say, I had A LOT of fun with him in the practice arena. Especially the air combo parts.
Now, I have no clue wether theese are already known things, but I thought I'd put them up anyway, just in case.

1) a.fRK > a.fLP > a.fLK > a.fRP > a.RK > a.LP > a.RP
Simple enough. I just wanted to make use of that a.fRK knocks the oponent into the air already.

2) a.RK > fRK > LK > LP > j.fRK > a.fLP > a.fRP > e.ff > a.LK > oponent bounces up as you land > RK Gravwell > RP Meteor > j.fLK > a.RK > a.LP > a.RP
This is a full combo. I'm sure pro Forces can add more moves to it. I just liked the fact that you can evade forward and still continue after you bounce the oponent.

3) a.RK > fRK > LK > Repulsor (full) > fLK > fRP > fLP > LP
Very easy starter that uses every ground move except RK and RP. Technically you could fit RP right at the end there. As you note, its 14 hits, and although not all heavy, its unevadeavle and stun munching.

4) Spawn LP > fLP (throw) > j.LK > fRK > LK > LP > RP > Bomb Hits > LP Meteor > ffj.fRK > a.fLK > a.fRP > land > RK Gravwell > whatever
The whole point of this one is that you can put RP in after LP, and ALSO after the bomb > LP Meteor the oponent goes SO high, you just wish you were right under him. Unfortunately you are so far, only a jump will reach him, but still it all looks pretty cool.
PS: Because you cant control the timing of the bomb EXACTLY, the altitude of the oponent may vary. It takes a lot of practice to plant that ffj.fRK consistantly.

Once again, I dont know if any of this is new or old. Just sharing some not-too-standart things Ive discovered.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Some Force Starters from Discomb Reply with quote

Why would RP after LP be a good thing? Waste of two launchers. Wink
Discomb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Force Starters from Discomb Reply with quote

Yes thats true. I was just looking for a heavy move.

Heres a fun combo I came up with today. Its... fun?

Spawn LK > a.RK > fRK > LK > RP > j.fLK > a.fRP > a.bLP (throw) > a.fRK > RK > enemy gets pulled into vortex as you walk forward > r\wait for bounce > Repulsor (full) > fLK > fRP > fLP > LP > make your combo
Note that at this point I hadnt used gravwell and meteor call. You also have a.fLP, a.LK, a.LP and a.RP left in your arsenal. My ending is:
j.LK > a.LP > a.super meteor call > RK ravwell > j.fLP > a.RP
but this is a little unstable, because its hard.

Tell me what you think. I personally find this combo VERY amusing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Force Starters from Discomb Reply with quote

its quite nice, player used to have something similar, using both vortexes iirc.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Discomb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Some Force Starters from Discomb Reply with quote

Ive improved it. You can even have a completely alternative endine, fitting more moves in between.
Now where you shoot the vortex at a.bLP > a.fRK you dont land and do RK. Instead you spawn RK and throw with b.RP. Then spawn RP, throw RP, spawn RP, walk over and do super gravwell, spawn LP and SUPERBOMB!
I'm not sure what to do after though, besides LP meteor call...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Some Force Starters from Discomb Reply with quote

wow... that's pretty neat!

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Some Force Starters from Discomb Reply with quote

Spawn LK > a.RK > fRK > LK > RP > j.fLK > a.fRP > a.bLP (throw) > a.fRK > Spawn RK > b.RP (throw) Then spawn RP, throw RP, spawn RP, walk over and do super gravwell, spawn LP and SUPERBOMB!

So that should be it? im going to try it right now Very Happy

TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Some Force Starters from Discomb Reply with quote

i found it really horribly instable, what works better is to go by the knowledge that vertexes can be used and way you want to in combos (as in LK vertex can be used twice), so replace the RK vortex with an LK vortex, backwards LP throw, create LP firebomb, normal throw, go over there, RK, Super gravity well, create both bombs > super firebomb.

Discomb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Some Force Starters from Discomb Reply with quote

Thats another way to do it, but I find that when I land from a.fRK the oponent is JUST off the ground, and slowly being pulled towards the vortex. If I'm quick spawning RK vortex and throwing it upwards, the oponent should be pulled into it before he lands ont he ground, but after he bounces a little. Then spawn and throw RP bomb to buy some more time as you charge another RP, and the rest is easy.
The tricky part is throwing the RP bomb to hit the oponent just before he lands, to buy the longest amount of time.
But I'll try your idea. It probobly works better.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Some Force Starters from Discomb Reply with quote

i could get yours about 1 out of 5 times, i got mine 5 out of 5 times Smile :tongue2:

Discomb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Some Force Starters from Discomb Reply with quote

Ok try this one. It works 100%, if you dont screw up on j.bbPP, and have at least Gracy's speed. Also additional focus helps. I can do this with Zyris 4/5 times, and Zyris has 1/4 focus. Gracy does it 5/5.

Spawn LK > a.RK > fRK > LK > RP > a.fLK > a.fRP > a.bLP (throw) > a.fRK > Spawn RK > bRP (throw) > Spawn RP > j.bbPP (Super Meteor Call) > Super Gravwell > Spawn LP > f > Superbomb.

My record on this: 48 hits. I'm sure you can do more if you're better at timing Superbomb then me. Half my bombs missed bery often. But notice that BEFORE you do Superbomb you should already have 20 hits.
Oh yeah, just a reminder. When I say j.bbPP I mean you have to actually do it in the air, so the vortex you threw earlier slowly pulls you towards it. When you land, you should be right under the oponent, or rather he is above and just slightly in front of you.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: