OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hydraulics Boost combos

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Discomb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Hydraulics Boost combos Reply with quote

Just so you know, I'm talkign about just the hydraulics boost, not boost and bomb. Both are features of the OMF:BG SP, but boost and bomb is pretty annoying, as the bomb often hurts you mid combo.

Anyway, I deleted my phoenix registry by accident after tinkering around with stuff, and started playing the game from the beginning. I finished it all near flawless on master level, but a few particular matches really cought my attention. I started practicing and made some really cool looking combos. For example, Chronos:
a.LK > LP > RK > LK > LP > walk forward a bit > j.RK > walk forward a lot > a.LP
The enemy flies FAAAAAAR. Especially cool in the desert or pharaon's fire :smirk:

PS: Has anyone ever seen Mantis do a RK slide but not hit? and at the same time Chronos do a.fLK and not hit? They look so cool together, like a spiraling thingymabob dancing randomly in a metallic arena. Its so awesome Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulics Boost combos Reply with quote

Uhm, you're talking about the jumppads?
Cable up/down 128/768! Yesss upgraded again!

[color="red"]Pro re-release!!![/color]
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulics Boost combos Reply with quote

no, in the SP, when you get that boost that makes people fly of everywhere when you hit them, and makes them go under the floor with Force's RK

Electronic Gaming Machine
mrsiezen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulics Boost combos Reply with quote

Oh right...well it's been at least 4-5 months since I last played SP.
Cable up/down 128/768! Yesss upgraded again!

[color="red"]Pro re-release!!![/color]
Discomb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulics Boost combos Reply with quote

Also a strange thing happened. While I was in the middle of that combo once, I hit a Chronos so hard with a.RK that he sorta never came back down :crazy:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulics Boost combos Reply with quote

I like the bomb-boost combos. Very Happy
They're pretty funny to see. With Force, I use RP (boom!), LP (boom!), RK (fly awaaaaaaay, boom!).
Discomb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulics Boost combos Reply with quote

Yeah they keep the enemy by your side, but the problem is, the boom can hurt you as well. Also, some raising moves (Chronos LK) does not work at all with boost+bomb.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulics Boost combos Reply with quote

Yes, I know. That's why I don't start combos with anything but launchers. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Training Room All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: