OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game will not start...now

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Optia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Game will not start...now Reply with quote

Build: 2172
Platform: Windows ME
Service Pack:

4 MHz AuthenticAMD
PageSize: 4096

Physical Memory: 383MB, Available: 256MB
Total Virtual: 2044MB
Memory Used: 33%

Video Adapter 0: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500

Audio Adapter: Unknown
Total HW Buffers: 1, 0 3D Buffers
This is my system info.

This is the error.
====== BEGIN Diversions Ent. NOTIFICATION DUMP ======
Time: Fri Dec 24 01:30:47 2004

Type: Fatal Error
Name: Maximum Allocation Exceeded
Description: Too much memory is being allocated, currently system will halt if more than 100 Megabytes at a time are allocated.

Application will now Exit!
File Name: Q:\DIVERSIONS\Engine\Core\Base\MemoryManagement.CPP
Line Number: 261

====== END Diversions Ent. NOTIFICATION DUMP ======

I need help trying to get the game to start again. If you can help me, please post. Thanks in advance.
P.S. Tell me if more system info is needed.
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Game will not start...now Reply with quote

Quote:
4 MHz AuthenticAMD

you sure about that?

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
veryorkish

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Game will not start...now Reply with quote

Quote:
Type: Fatal Error
Name: Maximum Allocation Exceeded
Description: Too much memory is being allocated, currently system will halt if more than 100 Megabytes at a time are allocated.

Try enlarging your cache.
NightShadow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Game will not start...now Reply with quote

Quote:
Platform: Windows ME

Unfortunately, that is probably your problem. OMF has been known to have problems on both Windows 98 and Windows ME.

So the game worked at one point, right? Have you tried restarting your computer? It could very well fix your problem.

I know I've seen that error message before. When I wake up a bit more, maybe I'll be able to remember from where, or I could find it for ya.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Game will not start...now Reply with quote

The 4MHz thing is a known bug in the autodetection scripts, can you tell us what your real processor is? Smile

winME is indeed a piece of garbage. Make sure it's all patched up, you have the latest directx (9.0b or c) and have the latest nVidia drivers.

Has the game ever worked for you?

Blind patriotism
NightShadow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Game will not start...now Reply with quote

I thought I remembered seeing this: Link 1 Link 2

Link 2 is also on the page from link 1.

Basically, you need to delete the PheonixRegistry.DEObjects file, which by default is located at: C:\Program Files\Diversions Entertainment\One Must Fall - Battlegrounds\Data\

Delete that file, then rerun the game, hopefully that'll fix it for you. The PheonixRegistry file saves all of your settings, so you'll have to reset them to what you want them at afterward.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Optia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Game will not start...now Reply with quote

The game is working again. I had gotten the game to work fine before. My processor is a 1.1 Gigahertz AMD Athlon. I did what Nightshadow said to do and it now works, except the graphics have changed. Thanks for the help. Smile
NightShadow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Game will not start...now Reply with quote

Well, hopefully that helps prevent me from getting any lumps of coal tomorrow morning. :biggrin2:

Enjoy the game.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: