OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Indeo Video Playback?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pocky

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Indeo Video Playback? Reply with quote

Sometimes I get this out-of-game message as a game is loading:

"The program you are trying to run requires a current Indeo codec.
To obtain a current driver that is compatible with this version of Windows, please contact the manufacturer at http://indeo.ligos.com."

basically i get it when its in the 'loading' scene between battles (in single-player) and theres the dialogue, the pic and the 'loading' text at the bottom of screen, it seems to be random when the error occurs, ill try to see if theres a pattern

also i think it has something to with the picture in that scene cos when i click 'cancel' on the codec option the picture kinda goes blurry with streaks across it

I have a Pentium 4 2.53gHz, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro and 512mb ram (sd i think)

here are my graphical settings:
lights, reflections, glow, bumpmapping, HD geometry all ON
high quality shadows
32BPP
1280 x 1024 resolution
high quality textures
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Indeo Video Playback? Reply with quote

which arena was it trying to load when it gave this error?

Blind patriotism
Wraiyth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Indeo Video Playback? Reply with quote

Arctic Depth does this, as well as after several matches during some tournaments (not sure which ones though)
icerabbit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Indeo Video Playback? Reply with quote

This happens to me too, I use Windows XP SP1, and apparently it doesn't come with the Indeo codecs.. or at least the version OMFBG uses?
This happens to me.. ah.. after the match against Raven in the first tournament.
The "error" is more a suggestion, at least in my case. The game continues to run fine and all, just at the mid-arena text, the picture in the upper left is distorted/junk. That is all.
NightShadow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Indeo Video Playback? Reply with quote

I thought DE had gotten rid of all the Indeo stuff finally. Are you patched up to version 2172?

[Edit] Here's a thread with more info: http://forums.omf.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=200731&page=6&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
veryorkish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Indeo Video Playback? Reply with quote

You can pretty much find every codec on the planet by typing 'codec pack' into google...
Cyberman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: Indeo Video Playback? Reply with quote

Quote:
You can pretty much find every codec on the planet by typing 'codec pack' into google...

Yes, but codec packs often screw up the entire system. Itīs better to search the codec itsel or use only reliable codec packs, though I know none by name.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Indeo Video Playback? Reply with quote

I havent ever had anything on my system screwed up by a codec pack. Never. (I Use Kazaa-Lite codec pack)

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Cyberman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: Indeo Video Playback? Reply with quote

Good for you. Neither did I. But Iīve seen threads of other people having problems.
The problem is that some codec packs are made sloppy - for example, if the codec packs installs DivX, XviD and FFDShow(in that order), it may be that FFDShow is decoding XviD and DivX because it overwrote their settings.
Might not do any harm - but might as well ruin the whole playback when itīs older than the respective codecs.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Indeo Video Playback? Reply with quote

Quote:
Good for you. Neither did I. But Iīve seen threads of other people having problems.

And i'v seen people saying they softmodded their Radeon 9700 to an 9800PRO. [OT]*stab* *stab*[/OT]

Here's a tip: Don't believe what people post unless you know they know.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Cyberman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Indeo Video Playback? Reply with quote

Well, itīs been said by various people on various (video editing) boards, most of whom I trust. Itīs not as if Iīve read it somwhere I ended by accident Wink
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Indeo Video Playback? Reply with quote

While i'm sure SOME codec packs might not install themselves on the most proper way, i don't think they "ruin" computers.

Cyberman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Indeo Video Playback? Reply with quote

They might ruin your video playback - bad enough, Iīd say.
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Indeo Video Playback? Reply with quote

It's the same with everything on the web... don't install if you don't trust it, or it looks bad/suspicous..

EGM out

Electronic Gaming Machine
Tylik Vacnaar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Indeo Video Playback? Reply with quote

Well with all the different flavours of xViD and DivX floating about some folks are bound to encounter some issues.

But the one statement that I hold true but I still use bsplayer anyway is that bsplayer can't handle most codecs correctly. but I think the keyboard shortcuts that bsplayer has so I make do with it's limitations and know workarounds for most of them.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: