OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The game won't install

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vuen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: The game won't install Reply with quote

Quote:
Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070052
Error Information:
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1281)
pAPP:One Must Fall - Battlegrounds
PVENDOR:Diversions Entertainment
PGUID:B8EF8B5A-6D15-436C-AC07-5F2BD5E1AA1B
$7.1.100.1248
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) BT_OTHER 0.64
Socrates

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: The game won't install Reply with quote

reformat
Vuen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: The game won't install Reply with quote

Heh yeah, I probably will in the next couple days anyway, since I'm upgrading my computer and Windows XP doesn't exactly port to a new motherboard very well :p
Vuen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: The game won't install Reply with quote

So I'm on the new mobo right now. Asus P5GD1, Intel P4 3Ghz HT, Asus Extreme N6600. Suprisingly enough, it actually booted into Windows. However, none of the drivers will install; they say "cannot find the path specified" when I start the installation. Heh. This XP install has just about had it anyway. Ah well, it lasted all of 7 months, isn't that some kind of record for Microsoft?
Vuen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: The game won't install Reply with quote

Hehe, now that I think of it this is probably the same reason BG wouldn't install. It took me like 6 hours to realize this, lol. I win the stupid award.
ouch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: The game won't install Reply with quote

what? you did re-format and re-install windows when you got this new board didn't you?

Quote:
So I'm on the new mobo right now. Asus P5GD1, Intel P4 3Ghz HT, Asus Extreme N6600. Suprisingly enough, it actually booted into Windows. However, none of the drivers will install; they say "cannot find the path specified" when I start the installation. Heh. This XP install has just about had it anyway. Ah well, it lasted all of 7 months, isn't that some kind of record for Microsoft?

ouch

scientifically engineered to hate StarForce

Zelig

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The game won't install Reply with quote

New RAM?

I had some bad ram that would cause errors like that...

Quote:
Ah well, it lasted all of 7 months, isn't that some kind of record for Microsoft?

Heh, my linux server was working on 3 months of uptime when I decided it was time to compile a newer kernel. Smile
Vuen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: The game won't install Reply with quote

No, that's what I was saying Ouch, surprisingly it managed to boot the old windows on the new motherboard. It actually ran quite well and perfectly stable too, only it wouldn't let me install anything, heheh. I've formatted and reinstalled XP though.

It's not bad ram, I think it was a permissions problem or something. My user account was all screwed up anyway.
Socrates

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: The game won't install Reply with quote

so you got yuour game workign now?
Vuen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: The game won't install Reply with quote

Seems that way, I'm downloading the 30 meg patch right now.
ouch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: The game won't install Reply with quote

the only way it would work is if your old board had the exact same north and south bridge chips.

in your case they prbably were the same brand. this might cause some things to work but not others.

it's too bad you already reformated. it would of been interesting to see if you could fix the problem by downloading new drivers for your new chips...

ouch

scientifically engineered to hate StarForce

Vuen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The game won't install Reply with quote

I certainly could have, and I'm sure it would have worked if my user account wasn't already screwed up. But my computer needed a format anyway, it was getting pretty sick.

I upgraded from the Asus P4P800 to the Asus P5GD1 (Asus for life).
Zelig

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The game won't install Reply with quote

Quote:
the only way it would work is if your old board had the exact same north and south bridge chips.

I managed an upgrade from a celeron 433 to a Thoroughbred core Athlon on an install of Windows 98se without many problems... and then an overclock gone awry corrupted the harddrive. :p
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: