OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

omfb troubles (3danalyze)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frogwart27

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: omfb troubles (3danalyze) Reply with quote

I know technically I'm not “suppose to” be able to run the game. But with 3danalyze I can run the demo just fine. So I check updates and autopatch the game turn on emulate TnL in 3da and run omfb retail and it just sits there. Doesn’t boot the game, no errors, nothing… it just ignores the command. Now I don’t understand why 3da would run fine with the demo but not the retail? Is it a patch conflict on either 3da or omfb’s part? Has anyone with similar specs found the trick to get it working? Any suggestions or ideas to get the thing to run? Thanks.

Specs:

Windows XP Professional
Intel Pentium III, 730MHz
256MB RAM
DirectX 9.0b
RADEON 7000
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: omfb troubles (3danalyze) Reply with quote

I heard stories about the new version of 3D analyze being the pain in the behind here.. stick around.. Flamin' Monkey is our 3D analyze expert Wink

Welcome to the boards BTW.

EGM.
Out

Electronic Gaming Machine
Vuen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: omfb troubles (3danalyze) Reply with quote

Egads! It does nothing? You don't get an error report?

What usually happens is you get an "Illegal Operation" style error box, which you have to leave up. You press control-alt-delete, end the OMFBG.EXE process, then run it again and away you go.

If you don't get an error message, error reporting may be turned off. Go in your control panel and pick System, Advanced, Error Reporting. Pick Disable error reporting BUT notify me when a critical error occurs:

After that try again. If you still don't get an error, I don't know how to fix it.
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: omfb troubles (3danalyze) Reply with quote

Version 2.16a of 3D Analyze is the only one that works with BG for me. I never checked which versions ran the demo, but I have a good feeling that it has a lot to do with RAM usage, and that the retail version might use up a little more. Whatever, try it out here. Every version of 3DA is there, by the way, so you could keep trying different ones if you want.

If this doesn't work, then that's not the problem and I don't know how to solve yours, having never encountered it.
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: omfb troubles (3danalyze) Reply with quote

Quote:
Flamin' Monkey is our 3D analyze expert Wink

just because you (the guy who started the thread) probably dont know...

ArcticNova is FlamingMonkey

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: omfb troubles (3danalyze) Reply with quote

I don't see why my use of 3DA makes me an "expert". I've only encountered a couple of problems when using it, so I can't be of much help if they have totally unrelated problems.
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: omfb troubles (3danalyze) Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't see why my use of 3DA makes me an "expert". I've only encountered a couple of problems when using it, so I can't be of much help if they have totally unrelated problems.

When something makes you use it... and since I dun use it.. that makes you more experienced then I in this case.. so you're the expert wether you like it or not..

Electronic Gaming Machine
Frogwart27

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: omfb troubles (3danalyze) Reply with quote

Hey thanks for all your help guys. It ended up being that conflict with the 3da version 2.34. So I tried v 2.16a instead and now it works! (Thanks a lot for that link ArcticNova). :thumbsup:

Vuen: I check the system advance setting on error reporting and it was off with notify checked, but still had no notification when running 3da 2.34... weird stuff. :confused:

Oh well it's all good, I can play now! Thanks again all. Smile
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: omfb troubles (3danalyze) Reply with quote

[filtered] it. Looks like I am the 3DA expert. :crazy:
NSaber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: omfb troubles (3danalyze) Reply with quote

Quote:
Version 2.16a of 3D Analyze is the only one that works with BG for me.

This advice saved my day! :biggrin2:

I automatically assumed the latest version would be the best, but nooooo... :thumbsdown:

2.16a works like a charm. You just plug in the .exe file into the three slots, mark the thingy, and the game starts, no problems. Smile With the latest version nothing happened, and it drove me crazy...

So, thanks!
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: omfb troubles (3danalyze) Reply with quote

No problem. I used it to solve my own problem, I'm glad my solution works for others. :thumbsup:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: