OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

advanced water physics video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ithon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: advanced water physics video Reply with quote

http://www.flowlines.info/rndreel.html

I say this is quite an improvement sence the last tiem I saw water physics simlulated, Sadly it's not there yet Razz, but getting warmer, like hot almost.
FraceR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced water physics video Reply with quote

What? are you kidding ? What was the last time you've seen those... Antz ? These are by far the most advanced fluid dynamics I've seen yet. The amount of calculations for it must be insane. I think you'd be hard pressed to differentiate between a real and a simulated scene if you didn't know beforehand.
salem

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced water physics video Reply with quote

Woah!! :shocked:
There are some minor glitches, but... wow!
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced water physics video Reply with quote

Woah [filtered], thats immensely good indeed.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Jinded

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced water physics video Reply with quote

If I saw that at the movies I'd think it was real.
Discomb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced water physics video Reply with quote

Quote:
If I saw that at the movies I'd think it was real.

Well I wouldn't say that. I noticed some presentation glitches, such as with transparency and natural water color, but [filtered] the physics is good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced water physics video Reply with quote

Overall it is insanely good. Can't wait till we see stuff like this in real time.

There is something wrong with their physics model for water crashing into a solid surface. The little tube like fragmentations are too numerous and too long. This struck me as somewhat strange, but still overall believable. You will see what I'm talking about in the third clip (after the two ocean clips), in the second untextured box clip with the white vicious liquid crashing into a building and in the one with the light blue water rolling towards you.

Also my other gripe is with the first white box one, when the water curves back over itself the "holes" in the sheet of water are too regular and predictable and the tuble like extensions are completely missing (instead of being overexagerated as above).

Also the water seemed to cling to the whales body for too long after it broke the surface. This was very unrealistic. Although, mabye this was because of the freeze and then the instant replay that made me percieve this.

I would have liked to see more fire. I thought the tube of igniting liquid was the coolest.
GodzukiTest

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced water physics video Reply with quote

rofl, that guys penis is on fire
Y2K_MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced water physics video Reply with quote

well it looks like they're playing most of this is slow motion which would explain some of the wierd things.
X-BoT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: advanced water physics video Reply with quote

Very impressive indeed...

[ X-BoT's OMF Universe ] [ System Specs ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: