OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black Screen

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aokmaniac13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Black Screen Reply with quote

I'm sorry if there is another thread in which I should have posted for my problem I hope you'll understand Razz

Anyways I recently purchased a GeForce FX 5500 OC graphics card and I looked at the sticky listing compatible hardware so OMF:BG should work with all GeForce models. But after going into single player and selecting training mode, it gives me a loading screen. It finishes loading and tells me to press any key to continue, so I do and it gives me a black screen. The main menu music is still playing and I can bring up the menu by pressing ESC so it's not frozen or anything.

I currently have my resolution on my desktop and ingame set to 1024x768 can anyone help me with my problem?
veryorkish

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Screen Reply with quote

Convert to Radeonism and all will be well.
NightShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Screen Reply with quote

You have the latest patch, right? Also, what graphic settings are you using, or does it happen with all of them? Oh yeah, and what graphic driver version are you running?

So far, it sounds like an anti-glow Smile problem. Usually, the screen is like, all white or something from too much glow being thrown at the screen. Your problem sounds opposite of that. Smile Try turning off glow and see if that helps you any.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aokmaniac13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: Black Screen Reply with quote

It happens with every graphiics setting, even when I turn glow off.

I'm using version 71.88 of my graphics driver, it came in a cd right out of the box.

Edit: I checked the nVidia website and now have the latest drivers, I also cut this out from an in-game screenshot if it helps any

Discomb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Black Screen Reply with quote

I think glow was the main problem for geforce cards with BG.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Black Screen Reply with quote

Sorry for reviving this but I finally fixed my problem, I upgraded from a Pentium III 800mHz to a Pentium Celeron D 2.13 gHz and it works fine now. The minimum requirements on the back of the OMF:BG box lied.
X-BoT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Black Screen Reply with quote

You're still using the same graphics card?

[ X-BoT's OMF Universe ] [ System Specs ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
aokmaniac13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Black Screen Reply with quote

Yup.
X-BoT

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Black Screen Reply with quote

Then I guess it was a software issue. I'm sure you would have had to reinstall Windows entirely when you upgraded. And I've run OMF:BG on a 500MHz Pentium III in the past.

[ X-BoT's OMF Universe ] [ System Specs ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Zelig

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Black Screen Reply with quote

Quote:
Then I guess it was a software issue. I'm sure you would have had to reinstall Windows entirely when you upgraded. And I've run OMF:BG on a 500MHz Pentium III in the past.

My machine for the pre-limited test was a 433 MHz celeron. :p
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: