OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Accelerated physics article
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Accelerated physics article Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks, Vuen. I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought ATI's response was dumb.

For the record I thought both were dumb. :smirk:
NightShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Accelerated physics article Reply with quote

That is true, Endy. And Rob. And Havok has announced they will be supporting the Wii.

I think I'll just shutup and watch things unfold. I don't really care how I get my physics anyway, so long as I get them. Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vuen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Accelerated physics article Reply with quote

Personally I don't care about physics in games right now.

What I do care about, that somewhat ties into physics, is animation improvements. Things like footplanting I find extremely cool, and that was one of the few parts of the Sony E3 presentation I was very impressed with. Well, not so much impressed as relieved, as in "FINALLY." I'm surprised that it took so long to get here, but I'm glad. For me the lacking physics is not going to help with immersion; what will help is proper animation.

It's a shame they're only using it in [filtered] sports games though.
killer_roach

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Accelerated physics article Reply with quote

Give it time; once a developer gets it right, and finds out the gamers like it, everybody, their brother, and their dog will be doing it.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: