OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone wants to play [insert game here] ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Socrates

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone wants to play [insert game here] ? Reply with quote

Quote:

Mortal Kombat originally lacked combos.

no it didnt

Quote:
Samurai Spirits didn't come with combos.

yes it did
Socrates

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone wants to play [insert game here] ? Reply with quote

Quote:

I'd recommend Hamachi to anyone interested in playing older games - it's a free and secure way to connect people via TCP/IP through any kind of firewall. Of course, it needs an Internet connection to work, but I've used it for everything from System Shock 2 to Total Annihilation and it works just fine.

who wants to test this with me on omf 2097 or some other old games. does omf 2097 lag bad on it?
Robyrt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone wants to play [insert game here] ? Reply with quote

I've played 2097 over Hamachi+DOSBox on a LAN and there was basically no lag (which just means Hamachi doesn't add any overhead), but if anyone wants to try there's a network up I'm usually connected to - name is omf2097 and password is 2097. (Of course, I'm not usually online - I have a job and all :p)
Ori Klein

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone wants to play [insert game here] ? Reply with quote

Quote:
Great game, I wouldn't mind playing this, I've never played anything other than LAN or hotseat though.

Well, if you do manage to get it up and runing I'll be more than happy to play with and/or against you.
Although I fear we will not be able to play online, given my timezone bias.
Perhaps we could use the play-by-email option.
Somewhat of a chess game intrigue, is it not? Smile

A side project game that may never finish. Wink
Socrates

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone wants to play [insert game here] ? Reply with quote

Quote:
I've played 2097 over Hamachi+DOSBox on a LAN and there was basically no lag (which just means Hamachi doesn't add any overhead), but if anyone wants to try there's a network up I'm usually connected to - name is omf2097 and password is 2097. (Of course, I'm not usually online - I have a job and all :p)

hmm, thanks. and as for running the game itself, will this hamachi thing work with dosBox or what?
Robyrt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone wants to play [insert game here] ? Reply with quote

Hamachi is a dream to use - it just works, you don't have to do anything special with it. DOSBox on the other hand is a real pain to deal with. Make sure you have the latest version, 0.65. A frontend like D-Fend (v2, not v3 beta) helps automate things, but you can do it all via the program itself too. Basically, you type this stuff in:
ipx=true
ipxnet connect [hamachi ip of the server]
mount [drive letter] [omf directory]
and then run omf.exe and start an IPX game.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone wants to play [insert game here] ? Reply with quote

I have managed to get omf working over dosbox (latest version) with the buildt in ipx bridge. It worked pretty decent, and there is always lag online, so it will always go slower than it will when you play on your own machine in singleplayer.

I haven't tried hamachi much yet, failed entirelly to get IPX running over it :-/
LacticAcid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone wants to play [insert game here] ? Reply with quote

Soldat
Little Fighter 2
Silver Knights
Savage
Echelon looks cool though... I want to get that

http://gh.ffshrine.org/?r=79123 (Go here for video game soundtracks, mp3 not midi)
Discomb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone wants to play [insert game here] ? Reply with quote

You still play Savage? I'm waiting for Savage 2 until I touch it again. Too many hackers for my tastes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone wants to play [insert game here] ? Reply with quote

Robyrt wrote:
Hamachi is a dream to use - it just works, you don't have to do anything special with it. DOSBox on the other hand is a real pain to deal with. Make sure you have the latest version, 0.65. A frontend like D-Fend (v2, not v3 beta) helps automate things, but you can do it all via the program itself too. Basically, you type this stuff in:
ipx=true
ipxnet connect [hamachi ip of the server]
mount [drive letter] [omf directory]
and then run omf.exe and start an IPX game.

Robyrt,

you try this on a non-LAN with omf 2097 yet?

thanks

P.S. I would have tested with raptor, but he is scared to play me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: