OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game won't load

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Game won't load Reply with quote

My dad bought this game for me last year because I had played OMF2097 endlessly so long ago, but I didn't have a computer that met the minimum requirements.
Well I just bought a new laptop, i installed the game and i tried to run it but when I do I get an error message: Viewport Initialization Failed...... SetupDirect3DContext() failed.
Any help with this would help, i've waited years to play the next OMF2097

P.S. It was a real pain signing up for these forums as I have no idea who Justin something or another is, nor do I know if he is a super-genius.
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Game won't load Reply with quote

Sorry, can't help you there...

Thorin wrote:

P.S. It was a real pain signing up for these forums as I have no idea who Justin something or another is, nor do I know if he is a super-genius.

Justin Oakley is one of the guys who maintains the forums, and he added that textual question thingy to make it difficult for spam bots to register.

Justin often refers to himself as a Super Genius, so the answer to that question would be yes... though if you wanted, you could've just gone to register again, and it would've given you another, more understandable, question (but it's too late to be telling you this).

Anyway, welcome to the forums. You'll probably get a response regarding your question in the morning.

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
veryorkish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me you have a video card problem there, either that or a directx problem. So make sure your directx is up to date; and post your laptop hardware so we have a better idea what you're trying to run omfbg on.
Thorin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows XP Professional SP2
Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo processor T2450 (2.0 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)
1GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 950

And I installed the directX that came on the game's cd
veryorkish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your video card isn't completely directx compliant; meaning it has some issues with transformation and lighting. You can download a program that will help your computer simulate t&l. If you look up 3d analyze you should get the game running.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: