OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NightShadow's New Server...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightShadow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: NightShadow's New Server... Reply with quote

I moved again... I've got DSL internet now!!! I'm also using my laptop as my primary machine, rather than my desktop.

What does all that mean???

My desktop is now acting as a dedicated server for OMF:BG. I plan on keeping it running 24/7 (with restarts probably at 4 AM. Since I don't intend to use the desktop for much other than the server, it should run smoother than it has in the past. And, since I can use my laptop, I should have ever-so-slightly-less of a ping advantage than before when I play (although, my ping is still only 5 Twisted Evil).

Just let me know if anybody has any special requests (gametype, maps, etc.), and I'll set it up for ya.

Some stats for the curious...
P4 2.4 GHz
1.0 GB RAM
3 Mbps down / 512 Kbps up DSL internet
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FlamingMonkey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth/Pyros AI gets boring fast. Vicious Ian/Jaguar AI would keep me in your server longer to wait for others to join.

Also, what arenas do you have enabled? I only played in Blast Furnace and Neo Vegas in 5 matches, but there might've been more that I didn't see. If you don't have them, I petition for Desert, Blade Pit, and Pharoah's Fire. Smile

...and 10-match limits. That is all.
NightShadow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty then. I had all those plus Arctic Depth, but didn't have Blade Pit. I've now added Blade Pit, and changed the limit to 10 matches. It seems I'll have to play through the single-player game to unlock Ian; I've changed the AI to Xante/Jaguar for the time being.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NightShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anybody's noticed... I've taken my server down. For whatever reason (probably the heater), our power bill doubled last month. My roommate was quite upset about it, so I'm leaving my computer off to try to help reduce power usage.

I will see if I can get a server running from my computer at work, but I'm not sure how well that'll work. I'll post again if that server goes up and functions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: