OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting a new Laptop Graphics Card
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch wrote:
the discoball effect is likely caused by bumpmapping.

try turning reflections on, but turning bumpmapping off.

anyway look forward to seeing you online... Twisted Evil

HOLY COW IT WORKED! Thanks a ton Ouch! Phew! For a moment I was afraid my card just couldn't handle the shiney. Guess this laptop may very well BE a keeper. I threw a PS1 emulator on here to put it through some paces and it's running that just fine. I've also carted it around quite a bit and it SEEMS durable enough (what's the point of a laptop if you don't bring it with you on trips and crap!). Need to find my Spore, Guild Wars, and The Movies discs to test them out too.

I talk too much. ANYWAY! Thanks for that little fix and I look forward to the off-chance of meeting you online! ^_^
veryorkish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lulz Ouch is only nice on the boards... He'll kick your ass in Omf.
ouch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, now... You know I only do that if your using an cheatlord. Wink

But yeah, as you can see the reason why intels are not very good for gaming is because while they claim to be directx compatable, all the fancy effects most games use are not actually supported.

For instance bumpmapping has been around forever... it's not like it's a new thing invented last year.

You will run across things like this as you explore your game collection. Some things you can just turn off. Others, well... you can't and have to live with the graphical defects, or worse the feature is actually REQUIRED to make the game work.

ouch

scientifically engineered to hate StarForce

killer_roach

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch wrote:
But yeah, as you can see the reason why intels are not very good for gaming is because while they claim to be directx compatable, all the fancy effects most games use are not actually supported.

For instance bumpmapping has been around forever... it's not like it's a new thing invented last year.

Odds are the hardware supports it, just it would be nice if Intel updated their video drivers more than once every couple of years. Their integrated graphics solutions are proof that Intel, for all their chip-making expertise, really doesn't cut it much as a software developer.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
GEL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD Well the POINT of a fighter IS to kick ass or get your ass kicked so...

But yeah it's about too late to return this by now and you know what? It DOES get the job done for the price. Maybe in the future I'll get a fancier laptop but right now this one is okay. I've...grown attatched to it Razz Besides I can barely tell the difference between bump mapping on and off here.

Thus far the only other weird glitch I've noticed is that it doesn't seem to color the sky in Mabinogi. Ah well, not sticking around for that one anyway. I checked it with Dungeon & Fighter/Arad Senki and it works for that (as it SHOULD! It's 2D, c'mon now!) so yay on that front. U.S. release of that is coming and I actually recommend a peek (it's an MMO beat 'em up with actual combos and whatnot). Lord knows it's probably the only MMO I like.
veryorkish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch everyone knows...
Mantis
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: