OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Natural Selection 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D347H

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Natural Selection 2 Reply with quote

Did you ever play the first Natural Selection? It was a hybrid RTS-FPS Half-life mod (yep, mod) with asymmetric warfare between marines and aliens. Heavily inspired by Starcraft and the Alien movie series, I think. Extremely fast-paced, it was pretty awesome. Realistic-ish setting, arcadey-ish gameplay. One of my favourite games of all time.

Well, a teaser was recently(ish) released for the standalone sequel (on its own engine, no less), and it's available for pre-order (in two editions). It is, of course, an indie project since the team is made of the core team from the mod. It's supposed to come out in Fall (North. Hemi.) this year.

Check it out:
http://www.naturalselection2.com/ (promo site)
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/ (developer's site)

Has anyone else been following this game? Did anyone else play the original back in the day? I'm really looking forward to it myself. I'll probably pre-order when I get my card.
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play the first NS and it was a refreshing change from CS!

I don't think my current PC will accept newer games, but will check the site... I hope it will still be available on steam!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: