OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OMF MMO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slvc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: OMF MMO Reply with quote

Wouldn't that be cool? Sort of like .. Auto Assault I think (Never played it, I actually went to the store to purchase it and they literally were hand taking them off the shelves and told me that it was canceled) or MechWarrior. Like.. You create your own avatar person and you build up your robot from the ground up.. As you compete and win battles and tournaments you get more cash to buy upgrades or something. I dunno, I know it'll never happen, but man.. Wouldn't it be cool?
dvereb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it wouldn't surprise me if at least 25% of the real members (not bots) on this forum have had one or more dreams about that Smile
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, OMFBG was basically a MMO-fighting game :p

Also, the mechanics used in a fighting game, does poor in an MMO game, at least in the traditional sense. If we make an example of using omf2097's style tournament mode etc for upgrades. So when you got your fully upgraded gargoyle, with all enhancements and upgrades, totally maxed out.

And then you meet this new japanese player with hes starting Flail with absolutelly no upgrades, and kicks your donkey in umpteen different directions, scrap and destruction. And in so many pieces you wonder what the heck just happened ? Welcome to fighting mechanics in an MMO game.

It could have been really fun, but also so frustrating, as player skills would basically outshine levels/upgrades/whatever. And if you changed that, then you would no longer have OMF/Fighting game.

That is why making such a game in any other way than OMFBG tried to do, would be very difficult.

Or at the very least doing alot of thinking outside of the box, at least I can't come up with any good/functionable ideas.
Xaronth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an MMO fighting game (actually a few I think) that came out in Korea a while back. I can't recall the name but one was like Tekken and the other was like OMFBG but with kung fu dudes.
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
Ori Klein

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kung-Fu Online?

A side project game that may never finish. Wink
IronJelly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, an OMF based RPG would work. I always figured if it happened, it would be similar in some ways to Gearhead Arena, but more melee oriented.

Definitely doable, but i dunno about the story, or if we could come up with enough upgrades and weapons to make it last long.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronJelly wrote:
Well, an OMF based RPG would work. I always figured if it happened, it would be similar in some ways to Gearhead Arena, but more melee oriented.

Definitely doable, but i dunno about the story, or if we could come up with enough upgrades and weapons to make it last long.

Annother option would have been to made it like Bumpy Trot/Steambot Chronicles(usa/eur), One of the gretest controls schemes I've ever seen in any game, and it feels friggin great to robot fight. Also with limits to upgrading/improving that made it more style then necesarily power. That might have worked.

Iĉm just sitting hoping that Bumpy Trot 2 is released with English text, so I can import it from Nippon!
Wayne Frazee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That *would* be cool. Actually, there are a lot of reasons why that would be REALLY cool. The team had plans that never happened. Ask rob about it if you ever see him Smile

You know how some people think about cool things they would do if they won the powerball? Bringing DE back together for a few years to put together another installment in the OMF series is on my personal list Smile

Not that it will ever happen... but still...

An MMO would already have a developed backstory upon which to build, a rich suite of characters to build challenges around.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
dvereb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought if I won the powerball I'd pay you guys to get back together and work on OMF some more. Kind of funny that you mentioned it Smile

...either that or I'd pay for a good server to be put up forever!
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this about a powerball? The only powerball i know of is the gyroscopic arm strengthening thing:

http://www.powerballs.com/

Leader of the Forgotten Clan
Laptop Bunny Stats
()_() Mobility Radeon HD 5870
( ._.) Intel Core i7 1.6GHz (720QM)
((")(") 8 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64Bit
D347H

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The powerball is some sort of mega-lottery. The ads in Australia go "One powerball and I'm out of here."
killer_roach

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D347H wrote:
The powerball is some sort of mega-lottery. The ads in Australia go "One powerball and I'm out of here."

Yeah, Powerball is one of two mega-lottery games in the United States, and the more notable of the two because, since it's played in more states, the jackpots tend to get bigger.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: