OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mod Tools? Available? Ever been?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyberman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Mod Tools? Available? Ever been? Reply with quote

I guess it's a rather moot point by now, and perhaps I could have scrounged the information from the forum if I would have spent more time searching.

But, since I recently saw that a few of the old ones are not only still alive, but even active, I thought I'd post a thread about it. If a quick search brings nothing up, I doubt I'll find much useful at all..

So, here's the question:
Any new or old but unheard information about the mod tools? I don't think anyone is still working on them, but are they available? Have they ever been, aside from specific persons who asked Rob?
dvereb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only available to beta testers of the mod tools, as far as I know...

Edit:
...also the OMF downloads url is down - or at least the domain is gone. I'm not sure I'm supposed to say any of this, but without that URL, I'm not sure if I can even get the mod tools again. Looks like I'm never allowed to format and my hard drive must live forever!
takuban

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omfdownloads.com should still be working. nothing was done with that domain. That's also the domain that hosts patches for the game. Was there another section on the omf.com domain that had those tools?
Cyberman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

takuban wrote:
omfdownloads.com should still be working. nothing was done with that domain. That's also the domain that hosts patches for the game.

Hm. Looks deserted to me. Patch download didn't work either, btw - I had to manually download it from X-Bots site.
dvereb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this game should be free, mod tools should be released, and beta patches should be made available, but that's just me. Has Rob even been to the forums since they moved?

Edit: typing from a phone can be tough when half awake.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit to never having worked much with the omfbg part of things, but if you want another place to host the patches and div other files for omf:bg, I can arrange for that on my site. Just never really thought about it before (Slow... me ? naah......).

GoBot's site been stable and nice so far, but if omf.com/omfdownaloads are not working, it could be nice with a backup place. Anyone other than GoBot that have all the files ? If so just contact me.

Obviously I can't host the modtools etc, because of the NDA, and me never having been under it etc. Just never occurred to me that patches and such would go down due to the website sale.
MageKing17

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvereb wrote:
I think this game should be free, mod tools should be released, and beta patches should be made available, but that's just me. Has Rob even been to the forums since they moved?

Edit: typing from a phone can be tough when half awake.
The last beta patch is even buggier than build 2172. Or, at least, seems buggier; it could be that there are fewer, more visible bugs. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Tech Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: