OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One Must Fall 2097 on an iPad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swarmster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: One Must Fall 2097 on an iPad Reply with quote

Hello. Long time no post.

Not sure if anyone remembers me (I...was in Robyrt's tournament?), but this board has a fond place in my memories and I'm glad it's still semi-active. I've come back occasionally through the years for a dose of nostalgia, but never posted.

Until now!

OMF is still, of course, one of the greatest games ever made. I recently got it running on my iPad with a briefly-available DOS emulator app called iDOS.

Recorded a match-and-a-half for anyone interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQa0vclxPk8

Thanks!
takuban

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is pretty cool.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Sigh* Thank you SO much for making me wish for that damn game on the DS again ! >_<

Even forgotten who it was that did this old photoshop in the first place again: but I still look at it and curse its non existence!

Anyways, welcome back swarmster, not all that lively around nowadays (almost like old days!) but do feel free to liven it up a bit!

Edit: I still remember going out a summer in 2001 iirc, to buy the GBA because of rumors that Rob was considering ideas about OMF2097 on GBA. Thankfully I grabbed Castlevania for it as I bought it, and got so hooked on that I didn't have time to miss anything, until 6 months later!

Last edited by raptor on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
swarmster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, you're welcome. And thanks.

I remember that image as well, bizarrely enough, and shared/share similar feelings. Its a real shame that OMF hasn't seen ports to every device in the world, like Doom. And Tetris. I mean, it's at least as good.

Also: I guess it's a good thing I didn't show it working on my iPhone (which runs the same app), as it would have been even more reminiscent of your trigger image.

Speaking of which, that's what we need to liven it up around here...who was it I could get to fight...Destruction Lover? Real Cool Guy? We clearly need to get a good, bitter PC vs. Mac thread going.

Or was it PC vs. console?

Woo! Party like it's 1999!
Xaronth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously wish there was a real way to play omf2097 online without lag. To be able to have a patch that supports tcp/ip would rule. I remember when Doom II received the same thing, it extended the life to the point that people still regularly play it online today.
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swarmster: As weird as it is to admit, I don't think anone remaining here feels strong enough about pc vs mac etc to really care much... I believe it was LoneWolf that was accusing the forum of making him tolerant!

Man still remember all the console rants, especially when Rob threathened to close all talks about the Wii until he could get one.

Xaronth: DooM received so much more, the DooM Legacy and other similar projects did miracles to that game. Also experiences with DosBox's IP tunnel has so far been fairly nice. To be honest, the last couple of times I played, the game played faster than I have ever seen it play online before. Still about half speed of slowest setting vs AI though.
Xaronth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raptor wrote:

Xaronth: DooM received so much more, the DooM Legacy and other similar projects did miracles to that game. Also experiences with DosBox's IP tunnel has so far been fairly nice. To be honest, the last couple of times I played, the game played faster than I have ever seen it play online before. Still about half speed of slowest setting vs AI though.

Ya but most people won't touch it unless it was a real speed setting. I just hate seeing how awesome the modding community has made Doom still thrive today but another great game is just left in the corner. Youtube the songs from 2097 and the comments are all beaming about memories of this game, it was good times.
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
Cyberman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xaronth wrote:
I just hate seeing how awesome the modding community has made Doom still thrive today but another great game is just left in the corner.

Doom has the advantage of a public source code. It's easier to attract people if they can use modern hardware (without tricks like DosBox) to play an old game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: