OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh lordy lordy.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GodzukiTest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xaronth wrote:
GodzukiTest wrote:
Stories like Whitley Streiber's "Communion," "Our Haunted Planet," and any Jacquee Vallee novel. As you can tell most of my obsession lies in UFO and Alien Phenomena. I'm basically just a giant paranormal/conspiracy buff, any conspiracy i'll be into it. I have a hard time believing them, but I love anything that encourages a human to think differently..

I read Communion last year. I currently have Our Haunted Planet on my bookshelf waiting to be read (I love Keel!) and I recently read Passport to Magonia by Jacque Vallee. Ufology is my favorite subject. In other words, we should talk haha.

My good sir. John Keel is one of the most interesting people in the genre. "Our Haunted Planet" is the most eye-opening book I've ever read. The claims are outlandish, the ideas are non-conformist, and the stories are downright interesting. It introduces concepts that I've never even thought of before. Keel is so ingrained in his research and at some times becomes of his stories. His section on the "Men In Black" was especially interesting (this was during the Mothman sightings.) He makes the argument (much like Jacques Vallee) that extraterrestrials are actually 'ultraterrestrials' coming from other dimensions or have always been on this plane all along. May he rest in peace, best paranormal researcher that ever lived.

I was always very interested in the concept of UFOs because they MAY be real, but the stories surrounding them are what captivate me. Even he nutty stories about people taking rides in crafts to different stars and dimensions are enthralling.

What got me most was the time I actually saw a UFO. It was a perfectly triangular craft which hovered COMPLETELY silent over my head. It faded in then shot off right away after standing still for a second.

The area is definitely speculative but that's why I love it, so much room for an overactive imagination like mine to roam free. haha.

There are some GREAT books out there with extremely credible witnesses and stories. For instance, Leslie Keane's latest book is the best, no theories no speculation - just cold hard facts and interviews.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have to admit to being much more into the definitively fictionus side of things. My favorite author nowadays would be David Weber, and his Honor Harrington series and the Safehold series.

(And a great chance to see if the signature changed correctly!)
Xaronth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GodzukiTest wrote:
Xaronth wrote:
GodzukiTest wrote:
Stories like Whitley Streiber's "Communion," "Our Haunted Planet," and any Jacquee Vallee novel. As you can tell most of my obsession lies in UFO and Alien Phenomena. I'm basically just a giant paranormal/conspiracy buff, any conspiracy i'll be into it. I have a hard time believing them, but I love anything that encourages a human to think differently..

I read Communion last year. I currently have Our Haunted Planet on my bookshelf waiting to be read (I love Keel!) and I recently read Passport to Magonia by Jacque Vallee. Ufology is my favorite subject. In other words, we should talk haha.

My good sir. John Keel is one of the most interesting people in the genre. "Our Haunted Planet" is the most eye-opening book I've ever read. The claims are outlandish, the ideas are non-conformist, and the stories are downright interesting. It introduces concepts that I've never even thought of before. Keel is so ingrained in his research and at some times becomes of his stories. His section on the "Men In Black" was especially interesting (this was during the Mothman sightings.) He makes the argument (much like Jacques Vallee) that extraterrestrials are actually 'ultraterrestrials' coming from other dimensions or have always been on this plane all along. May he rest in peace, best paranormal researcher that ever lived.

I was always very interested in the concept of UFOs because they MAY be real, but the stories surrounding them are what captivate me. Even he nutty stories about people taking rides in crafts to different stars and dimensions are enthralling.

What got me most was the time I actually saw a UFO. It was a perfectly triangular craft which hovered COMPLETELY silent over my head. It faded in then shot off right away after standing still for a second.

The area is definitely speculative but that's why I love it, so much room for an overactive imagination like mine to roam free. haha.

There are some GREAT books out there with extremely credible witnesses and stories. For instance, Leslie Keane's latest book is the best, no theories no speculation - just cold hard facts and interviews.

I know what you mean about the stories. My favorite area is the humanoid sighting stories. I just love reading about the people interacting with some nordic-looking dude in a coverall lol. I actually have a book called The Humanoids that lists like a hundred of those kinds of stories.

This is a cool site for that stuff, Albert Rosales compiled as many as he can and ordered it by year: http://www.ufoinfo.com/humanoid/index.shtml

I have yet to see anything in the sky that could be a UFO, so you are pretty lucky!
"A thin line separates us. I call it 'talent'". -Ken Masters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: