OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What PBN is doing now...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: What PBN is doing now... Reply with quote

Hello all,

I originally was going to post to let you know Saul Bottcher is still an awesome chappie, but that's a given... Reminded me that he donated to the cause I am doing for my bachelor party.

Yup, I'm getting married. Though this is next year, the Ramshackle Rally happens at this time of the year and I wanted to do something different for my stag... So:

I am travelling to Munich for Oktoberfest via Annecy, Bormio, Innsbruck and Ljubljana... Along the way we have been doing up the car and raising money for charity... More info on the cause here: http://www.justgiving.com/StLukesRally
And info on the fun we've had doing this here:
http://www.stlukes-hospice.org/News/Ramshackle+Rally+stag
And our FB Page here:
https://www.facebook.com/TeamGetDuffed

Some pics of our 200 banger:

And finally, the route and the madness:

So, for those of you that didn't know my real name..: You do now.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...As always I feel completely lost reading your posts...

In no particular order: Congratulations one getting married!, The look of that car is giving me my first migraine ever.... Have I ever mentioned that I think you're absolutely bonkers crazy ? You're willingly driving through France ?! Obviously (it is me we're talking about here!) I don't have the slightest clue what a ramshackle rally is, is it something the guys on Top Gear could have decided to try?

Also I don't quite understand what this good cause thing is and how the trip relates to it ? Sorry if I come off as daft, but could you explain that in some more detail for me ? I understand that you're fund-raising for the hospice which helps people with problems with sickness or diseases etc, good stuff. But what does that have to do with you driving a car around Europe ?

I feel even more lost than usual from your posts ! >_<
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, I'm a little flaky when I post anyway!

1) Thanks on the congrats

2) Sorry for the migrane - but the car certainly commands attention on the roads.

3) I wanted to do something different for my bachelor party. This is the best way to do something different. It's a little early, but Oktoberfest is FUN!

4) Yes, well, we will go on some Top Gearesque roads - they drove the Stelvio pass which we will drive hopefully!

5) France...? It's the easiest way through to the fun parts of Europe :s

6) Ramshackle Rally is one of many different rallies becoming more popular in the UK at the moment. It's a banger rally (200 or less car) which you drive to a fun party at the end via some awesome routes en convoy with a bunch of other cars with fun people in great themed teams!

7) The reason the hospice was chosen is it's where my ladywife-to-be's mother was staying when suffering cancer. She also received care in her home from them in her last days (as well as night care from Macmillan charity). I never got to meet her mother. A rally like this is a good excuse to raise lots of money!

This video will explain a bit more I think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYW9evQFe30 (pardon the music, my cousin created it and he thinks I'd like some overused beat over some real music, but it's okay...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: