OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attention: Some small changes to the forum.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

takuban wrote:
I noticed that the theme went to subsilver when I came to the forum today. I went in and am now forcing the black one onto everyone! MWA HA HA HA.

Anyway, thanks for fixing up the forums. I'll keep the lights on for it. But it's nice to not have to maintain it. ;)

Hmm, the default theme was set to the Blacker (the dark omf theme), so even with removing the "force style override" it should default to that one. Unless people have modified the theme style manually (from before this was allowed). So kinda curious how that happened, I tested myself and was still on Blacker after enabling that one. Had to manually change ot subsilver and back again to check that it worked.

Though to be honest, most of all I'd like to completely reset the entire forum, and reinstall the software from scratch. There is still so many small things that have been messed up from the moving the forum about from hosts and stuff.

Could also swap it over to phpbb3 as well if anyone could make me a decent looking theme.

I suspect that the reason I can't get any control over the avatar sizes is also related to the phpbb install for example.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvereb wrote:
I thought that happened to me because they gave me moderator status. Never thought it could have happened to everyone at the same time. There I go assuming things!

Also, thanks again for hosting, and if you ever want to stop, let us know as I'm sure someone else would keep it online.

Well I suspect that no-one else would be allowed to (by Rob Elam). I believe the only reason the forum is still around is because it was Justin that asked, he isn't know as the "Super Genius" for nothing!
takuban

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raptor wrote:
dvereb wrote:
I thought that happened to me because they gave me moderator status. Never thought it could have happened to everyone at the same time. There I go assuming things!

Also, thanks again for hosting, and if you ever want to stop, let us know as I'm sure someone else would keep it online.

Well I suspect that no-one else would be allowed to (by Rob Elam). I believe the only reason the forum is still around is because it was Justin that asked, he isn't know as the "Super Genius" for nothing!

haha. I can't argue with that. I took over hosting the omf.com and other sites for Rob a while back since it wasn't too much of a strain on me. The migration of the message board over was mainly just importing the massive Database.

Honestly, I think the forum works fine as-is right now. We don't really get any spam bots and it has the features most people want. I don't know what we would get out of creating a fresh forum though since the only thing that makes it the forum is the database. You would lose all of the posts.

Don't worry though, I'll continue to host the site as long as I'm still running my several other sites. ... speaking of, if you guys are going on vacation anywhere, check out my hotel booking site: http://www.stay-cheap.com

Also, my main site (that rarely sees traffic) is: http://www.takuban.com
I link to most of my other sites on there. I have more in the works that I haven't developed yet. It is a slow process when my regular Full Time job gets in the way. Wink

Anyway, this site is safe for a long time.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to argue with you on that, the site does work. I'm just a perfectionist, and hate even minor details not working as I'd like. But for whatever it is worth, the database can easily be inserted into a new forum, phpbb3 comes with a own converter, and it works flawlessly. The part I'm annoyed with is the actual phpbb2 install on the host, that has gotten a bit cluttered, and a reinstall of that would clean up a few things (like avatar limitations). But it isn't important.

Well, in the unlikely case that you should close down the hosting in say 10 or 20 years or so, just tell. I plan to keep mine until the day I die. >=OD

Actually that hotel booking might be a good idea, I'm trying to challenge myself to go for a vacation this year!
dvereb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raptor wrote:
Well, in the unlikely case that you should close down the hosting in say 10 or 20 years or so, just tell. I plan to keep mine until the day I die

Exactly what I was trying to say. Also, is there any way to get the files that were once at omfdownloads.com? Beta stuff, auto patches, etc? Just curious.
takuban

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvereb wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Well, in the unlikely case that you should close down the hosting in say 10 or 20 years or so, just tell. I plan to keep mine until the day I die

Exactly what I was trying to say. Also, is there any way to get the files that were once at omfdownloads.com? Beta stuff, auto patches, etc? Just curious.

Yes. I have all of those files still on my hosting. But the domains don't seem to work anymore. I'll see if I can find a place to store them for download on this site somewhere. I'll have to remember the username and password for the user I set up for the old OMF stuff. So that will take me a while. hahah.
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I provided some assistance to get that info together again Smile Archiving stuff is actually useful!

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~10.9TB RAID 5 (4x 4TB)
Raven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an individual who has lost a lot of things I'd consider important to formats and dead hardware, I can confirm Malfrex's sentiment.

Scorpion Navy Issue
takuban

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha! I set up those sites to run as my regular user. So I didn't have to hunt for them at all. I have all the promo videos and everything.

I'll see what I can do to get those all hosted in a way that's easily accessible to people. Where there any specific patches that should be listed first?

EDIT:
Actually, I did one better. I just registered the old domain omfdownloads.com and it should go back to working within a day or so once DNS propegates.

It will only cost me $9.95/year to keep it up and running.
GodzukiTest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the future you're going to consult me next time you make major changes to the board Raptor, sorry
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GodzukiTest wrote:
In the future you're going to consult me next time you make major changes to the board Raptor, sorry

With all due respect dear GodZuki, I refuse to make a poptart theme! :roll:

(Though it would be hilarious to watch it if you did make it!)
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... omfdownloads.com seems to be working again, but I tried accessing both the assets user and the main FTP (omf0003) accounts with my ancient passwords and they don't seem to be working... both ftp and sftp. Also, the demo redirects to the omf.com page, which is messed up.

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~10.9TB RAID 5 (4x 4TB)
takuban

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malfrex wrote:
So... omfdownloads.com seems to be working again, but I tried accessing both the assets user and the main FTP (omf0003) accounts with my ancient passwords and they don't seem to be working... both ftp and sftp. Also, the demo redirects to the omf.com page, which is messed up.

None of those old accounts will work anymore. I thought I modified the redirects to point to this forum instead. I'll have to see what other pages have the redirects that need fixing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: