OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FYI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GodzukiTest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: FYI Reply with quote

I found my old account on here. It's called "Kidmoyer" in the Memberlist, this was the olden days before I was even Godzuki. The account was made in 2002, That was a little over a decade ago. That's ridiculous. Compared to most of the people who still hang out here, I'm a newbie.

It's been a fucking long time people, dear lord.

<3
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the way of internet, when people end up judging age by registration dates you keep getting silly situations like this.

In this case, I think it ended up with everyone from 2002 and later was assumed to be newbies or some such, and everyone from before was veterans. I think they ended up with that, since it was the largest period of growth on the forums. But it still is retarded :p

It seems the human brain is hard-tracked into finding ways of "us vs them" or "better/worse".
GodzukiTest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is true, Raptor. The internet seems to create this kind of wall to make people feel better about themselves. My post was more of a "wow time really flies" kind of post.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, we where just celebrating 15 years anniversary of the forums the other day ;) that is the perfect place to complain how "old" we are. Seriously I've been a member of this forum for almost half of my life.

Heck, I'm old enough now that the teenagers walking around are calling me "old man" and stuff, you have any idea how that feels ?! :p And all the kids at work keeps looking at me as if I'm some big responsible grown-up/old-man/geezer.

Someone was listening ot the radio and played an old song that I remembered, and then the guy on the radio said it was like 18 years old by now... and there I was just thinking I remembered when it played on top 20 or something.

Drat.

Now you reminded me how old I feel, you're now on my banmeplease-list for a day! :p
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how we can use expletives now. Most people here were kids before, now they've been there, done that, smoked the t-shirt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: