OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

:-3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3xcl4m4t10n

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: :-3 Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=m_V93LsNAEw
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun!

It took me some time to realize that I didn't have a clue what console that was, but googled GCW-zero and found some info on it: http://www.gcw-zero.com/

I've wanted something like this for years now, though usually been wanting it on the GBA or the DS. But those won't be able to handle a DosBox program unfortunately. Hmm, I guess this might be an option, but I already got enough friggin portable gaming consoles :p

But oh man, you gotta learn some defense against that AI! (hehe!), I also noticed that you continually use jump attack when you're jumping upward, instead of waiting to attack until you're falling again. And especially with the Gargoyle you keep using Wing Charge as an attack move against an enemy on the ground, instead of the very good Jump-Kick or even diving talons. Jaguar's Leap is not useful for "approaching" the enemy, they typically block and punish you, it is much better in situations where they are unable to block (jumping, long windup/down moves, in combos etc). Also play around with more variety in your ordinary attacks, didn't work to bad, but you missed a good few opportunities simply because you didn't branch out to more moves (Saw several good cases where old roundhouse kick would have been good).

/analretentivecompulsivemode
3xcl4m4t10n

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmpf... Im not own that video, i only request.

It seems a little laggy for my taste but i hope dosbox gain a ittle more speed in near future and then we can enjoy omf 2097 on a portable device (it seems like the openomf project dies... its sad because it had a chance for online play).

BTW i can rape your ass badly playing omf... XD
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3xcl4m4t10n wrote:
Hmpf... Im not own that video, i only request.

It seems a little laggy for my taste but i hope dosbox gain a ittle more speed in near future and then we can enjoy omf 2097 on a portable device (it seems like the openomf project dies... its sad because it had a chance for online play).

BTW i can rape your ass badly playing omf... XD

Aww, no worries, I just couldn't resist to poke some fun at it, never mind!

Ah, well a handhold console will naturally have performance problems. They are trying to pack a cost effective and power full enough hardware into a small device, that is doomed to be a balancing act of resources. And DosBox is a beast made originally for having a full powered pc to run on, Emulation is resource intensive.

Ahh, OpenOMF is not dead, but the guys have lives that interrupt in the much more important coding. They'll be back to it, once things calms down again.

Oh, and I gladly take up that challenge! Drop by #omf sometime (click the chat link in my signature) and we can setup a game over Dosbox! :)
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raptor wrote:
Ahh, OpenOMF is not dead, but the guys have lives that interrupt in the much more important coding. They'll be back to it, once things calms down again.

You know who is working on OpenOMF? I had messaged a few of the people on the project but they didn't respond to me. My legacy with OMF apparently has been forgotten Razz I'd be interested in adding a little to it when I have time, but I'd want to at least find out where they're at, what they're focusing on, etc.

With regards to fixes for OMF: BG I did get ahold of Ryan, but after asking for either a fix/the code needed to fix it myself/full source, I never got a response. I know they're both busy (Ryan & Rob) @ SoE but I guess it isn't something that's going to happen.

Ah well... when my Ouya arrives I'll just get the DOS emulator up and running and get some games going of 2097 on my TV Very Happy

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~7.4TB RAID 5 (3x 4TB)
3xcl4m4t10n

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Raptor"]
3xcl4m4t10n wrote:
Oh, and I gladly take up that challenge! Drop by #omf sometime (click the chat link in my signature) and we can setup a game over Dosbox! Smile

Where are you from? I think you said you are from Europe, don't? Because if you are not-european it's difficult to play.

I play everydays via GGPO to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and i difficulty can play against american people.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3xcl4m4t10n wrote:
Where are you from? I think you said you are from Europe, don't? Because if you are not-european it's difficult to play.

I play everydays via GGPO to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and i difficulty can play against american people.

I'm from Norway, so GMT +2 (+2 atm due to summer time). Though, I work at night time, so my sleep-cycle is quite messed up, I typically tend to be awake when Americans are awake, and go to bed a little bit before they do. :oops:

If you specify what times you can, I'll see what I can do about it :) The other sollution is just drop by the chat room when you're online, and if we're both there, lets play ?

Looking a bit at Jojo's Bizarre Adventure videos on youtube, looks like a riot of a game, impressed over the style. Would like to try it, but I don't have the patience to play to become good in fighting games any longer :(
3xcl4m4t10n

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raptor wrote:
3xcl4m4t10n wrote:

I'm from Norway, so GMT +2 (+2 atm due to summer time). Though, I work at night time, so my sleep-cycle is quite messed up, I typically tend to be awake when Americans are awake, and go to bed a little bit before they do. Embarassed

If you specify what times you can, I'll see what I can do about it Smile The other sollution is just drop by the chat room when you're online, and if we're both there, lets play ?

Looking a bit at Jojo's Bizarre Adventure videos on youtube, looks like a riot of a game, impressed over the style. Would like to try it, but I don't have the patience to play to become good in fighting games any longer Sad

Im from Spain and i normally can play at any hour... I have no job Sad (don't know if you know the actual situation on my country but is... horrible).

I think enter in the chat and see if you can is the best way but first you must take me a hand to config it. BTW i can't play this week so the next i'll enter on the chat and ask for you Wink.

Jojo's Bizarre is a complicate fighting game. If you try play against CPU you master it in a couple of days but when you play online... There are some beasts. Anyway i play all the days about 1 hour and that's the point, play a little every day and watch some pro matches to see tricks and tips to learn.

Well, im gonna reinstall omf to practice a little before our matches. Maybe you want to do the same... Very Happy
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3xcl4m4t10n wrote:
Im from Spain and i normally can play at any hour... I have no job :( (don't know if you know the actual situation on my country but is... horrible).

I think enter in the chat and see if you can is the best way but first you must take me a hand to config it. BTW i can't play this week so the next i'll enter on the chat and ask for you ;).

Jojo's Bizarre is a complicate fighting game. If you try play against CPU you master it in a couple of days but when you play online... There are some beasts. Anyway i play all the days about 1 hour and that's the point, play a little every day and watch some pro matches to see tricks and tips to learn.

Well, im gonna reinstall omf to practice a little before our matches. Maybe you want to do the same... :D

Ah sorry, I don't follow the news to much, so I'm afraid I haven't picked up what is going on in Spain nowadays, I do recal one friend from work was talking about alot of cheap houses and such for sale down there, so I'm guessing the economical situation is in a dump. Hmm, I'll do a quick read up on that later tonight.

Ah the charm with the chat link in my signature, is that the only thing you need to worry about is inserting a name, and the rest handles itself :) So even if you're not used to IRC chat's, you can still join. And if you're an old hand at IRC, or just get frustrated with the limitations of using a web browser for chatting, then you can hook up a normal irc client. Btw, I use my real name "joneirik" in the chat, I'm mostly online at night time for us europeans (after work for me).

I actually installed GGPO and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and tried the story mode for a couple of matches, just to see how it was. I started understanding a bit of the basics on Jospeh, but it was really messed up compared to what I've played earlier, and what I'm used to. Btw, I still hate the traditional 6 button setup in Street Fighter etc, this system looked like it avoided some of that, after you learned how to use the controls (I'm not quite there yet).

Then again, my favorite version of Street Fighter 2 was the Amiga 500 version, which because of the traditional Controllers/Joysticks at the time, meant that that version was adapted down to 6 buttons, 4 buttons, 2 buttons, and yes, indeed.... 1 button controlls for Street Fighter 2 !

Eat that you arcade junkies!

What, train ? And here I thought I'd give you a sporting chanse! ;)
katajakasa
OpenOMFdev

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raptor wrote:
3xcl4m4t10n wrote:
(it seems like the openomf project dies... its sad because it had a chance for online play).

Okay, time for my first post on the forums Smile So, Hello, I'm one of the programmers behind openomf.

Anyways, as Raptor said, OpenOMF is not dead. We're all just taking a little bit time off from coding it at the moment. I'm mostly working on my masters thesis and other final courses, so i don't have too much time to put on it at the moment. However, i've been slowly working on font and menu rendering, and i've got partly working version of that lying around on my local git repo Smile Just need to clean up a bit before pushing ...
katajakasa
OpenOMFdev

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malfrex wrote:
Raptor wrote:

You know who is working on OpenOMF? I had messaged a few of the people on the project but they didn't respond to me. My legacy with OMF apparently has been forgotten Razz I'd be interested in adding a little to it when I have time, but I'd want to at least find out where they're at, what they're focusing on, etc.

One OpenOMF developer here /wave

Woah, if I was messaged, then I must have missed it somehow, sorry! Sad Could you send it again ? I can be generally found at #omf, or by email (address can be found in https://github.com/katajakasa).
Vagab0nd
OpenOMFdev

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malfrex wrote:

I didn't see a ping either. I remember working a little on OMF:Classic with you, though.

We made some random progress last night, and figured out how collision detection works in OMF, finally (hat tip to vulture for lots of help):

(the red dots are the collision points).

As regards help, anything is welcome. We've actually got a pretty nice tool set for editing AF/BK files, which is helpful for reverse engineering what stuff in the files do, so even fiddling around changing stuff and trying to see what changes in-game would be helpful. You don't even need to a programmer to do that stuff Smile

Andrew
3xcl4m4t10n

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see some ingame graphs. So, omf works with points instead os boxes? That's Bizarre. Now i begin to understand some of the mechanichs and stuff in the game, lol.
nova10

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Vagab0nd, how is it going? I remember helping you out a while back, I thought you had disappeared. It's good to see that you are still around.
Vagab0nd
OpenOMFdev

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nova10 wrote:
Hey Vagab0nd, how is it going? I remember helping you out a while back, I thought you had disappeared. It's good to see that you are still around.

I never really left, at least not the #omf IRC channel, where I spent many profitable hours trolling raptor.

One day some scandanavian showed up talking about yet another OMF remake. I managed to convince him to use C instead of C++, and openomf was born.

OpenOMF is on the cusp of surpassing my old ruby remake in functionality now, and we've made quite a bit of progress in understanding the OMF file formats. It is also much, much more portable, since it is all in C and we've had it running on windows, OSX and linux.

Katajakasa put together a new youtube video today, of the current progress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXsZvoB90Q4

I think the next thing to attack is HAR support, hopefully we can make some progress on that this week.

Andrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: