OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wiki update: Strategy Guide, Robyrt's FAQ, and help wanted!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Wiki update: Strategy Guide, Robyrt's FAQ, and help wanted! Reply with quote

You might call this my little xmas/NY gift for all omf fans ;)

Been sitting writing down the entire Strategy Guide for the wiki, and just finished it today (one day after my estimate). It is still just a mass of text with no proper formating or structure to it. So sorry if it is a bit hard to read yet, I'll be getting around to that in a bit. But anyways, here it is for nayone interested:

NOTE: This is just the actual words and text written down, since I don't have a scanner I can't get the pictures yet, which unfortunately means those big pictures with all the moves and their damage percentages (that I still don't know how works). I'll figure out a way to get the information (if not the actual images) into the document later on.

http://www.omf2097.com/wiki/doku.php?id=strategyguide

I'll probably post a bit more later on but in a hurry right now.

Other new pages are: News, Plug and Links if anyone is interested.

Last edited by raptor on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings again, all you lurkers!

http://www.omf2097.com/wiki/doku.php?id=robyrt

Been copy/pasting in Robyrt's FAQ's as well, and made the minimum required formating to make them readable. And still got a few more ideas for more pages, or expanding existing pages.

The largest problem I got right now, is that I can stuff the wiki with data faster than I can clean up and fix formating etc. I was never any good at that in the first place, always did love big chunks of text in notepad/edit.

So if anyone out there that has a bit of time, and some better skills with setting up nice readable documents than I have, it would be much appreciated with some help! What I need help with:

Primary:
* Clean up basic design of pages and make them uniform, give me a standard I can continue to create pages in to keep it clean.
* Format and structure several of the "text dump" pages I make (like the strategy guide, and robyrts guides etc).

Secondary:
* Lots of time on your hand would be awesome! :)
* Spell checking (mostly done, but extra never hurts)
* Fixing some of my bad sentence structure, unfortunately English isn't my native language (not that my norwegian is any better)
* Anything else you want to help with, or pages you want to add, or info you want to share! Want it all ;)

For those that wonder, the wiki uses simple Wiki-Code, this is a very simple script language, no programing knowledge required, and once you learn a couple of codes (all conveniently available in the help page) it is easier than working with a Word document.

I wish I could use wiki code in every other type of scripting or text writing possible, I love the format! :)

Note, I've closed the wiki account registering because of all them annoying spam bots that kept registering, and changing my navigation menu into drug spam commercials... So if interested, tell me and I'll create the account manually.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been sitting with the guys in #omf working out how the point system works in OMF2097, and decided to smack it onto a wiki page for those interested. For the most part it was more straight forward than we had anticipated, and we had a lucky break when Vag managed to find the point value in the AF files, so I don't have to manually write them down, like I did with the Jaguar.

http://www.omf2097.com/wiki/doku.php?id=points

Some of the interesting points was that you will get equally much points for doing 2 combos with 2 hits, and one combo with 4 hit (assuming the same attacks, like Electra DFK).

Special attacks in general have high points, and some of them behave in weird ways. Electra's electro shards for example: the first hit counts as 4000p, while the rest count as 1200p. So 5 hits is 4000+(1200*4)

I am however having trouble with some other attacks, especially on jaguar, where the throw seemingly refuse to work correctly with this system.

3 hit combo: Throw, Jab, Overhead Throw

should be: 4000+800+7200 (=12000) points in base.
Combo bonus should be: 48000 points,
But for some reason I keep getting rewarded combo bonus 3200 with is what I should get for the JAB alone in combo bonus.

*sigh*

At least this should be enough to port over the point system 99% identical, minus silly bugs, to OpenOMF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: