OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dedicated Server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvereb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Dedicated Server Reply with quote

Hey ... I'm sure this information is out there somewhere, but I'm tired and lazy at the moment, so I figured I'd ask you all. I suppose it's better than going to this website every day and seeing no new posts! Smile

Anyways, what's it take for a dedicated server? I'm just wondering if my cheap $7/mo shared hosting linux box could handle it. Shared CPU with 1gb ram - no idea how shared "shared" is. Can you even host natively on linux?

Thanks,
Dave

edit: see how tired I am? I signed my forum post like an e-mail!
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering I have very little clue about omfbg, but I don't think it runs on linux. Does it have a /server or /no_screen command or something ? so you don't have to run the actual graphical part of the game ?
dvereb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. I forgot I posted this. Yeah I remember that command (whatever it was), but forgot if they ever did a proper Linux version. I suppose not. Sad

Maybe it could run via Wine? I have no experience with that, so I guess I give up for now...until the next time I'm tired, bored, and don't want to go to bed. Half of you are outside the US anyway, so pings would be horrible even if we tried to orchestrate a game day.
Cyberman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BG has a dedicated server mode AFAIk.

Not sure if it'll work in WINE - I'd say no for the full version, but the server mode doesn't have a screen I think, so maybe it doesn't use anything uncommon?
dvereb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I remember the server mode launched a plain white screen which just showed text, but I have no idea what kind of screen it was. I'd assume it wouldn't be a direct3d or opengl screen just for showing text. Perhaps over the holiday I'll find time to check it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: