OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is everyone doing these days?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you playing Dragon Age Inquisition?
Yes. Best game Eva.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NO CAUSE I SUCK.
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Dragons ate my mother, I just can't look at them now.
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

AquaRose

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: What is everyone doing these days? Reply with quote

Who still comes here? What are you doing with your lives?

I was just remember the good old days and thought I would stop by.

I live in Portland Oregon, work at a Zoo. Own way too many weeaboo things and gaming things. DM 5th ed weekly. Own 2 cats and a husbandu.

You know, exactly what I dreamed I would be doing... wait...

Added below is a bad poll. Your welcome.
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work, addicted to guild wars 2, spend way to much time reading books, playing games, watching anime, and being happy I've never given anyone permission to ruin that ! :p

Also, can't answer your poll, it had no valid options.

And just watched star wars episode 1 for first time in my life, my coworker never seen any star wars before, so figured I could watch the 3 new movies with him. So far he fell asleep only once during the movie, I think that's pretty good.
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still troll occasionally; admittedly there isn't a lot of action other than the occasional update to OpenOMF.

For myself I'm living in Vancouver, BC, Canada and been here for near 9 years now. In that time I've worked as a System Administrator in the Visual FX industry for nearing 8. I've had the opportunity to be around for some great ones (Tron: Legacy, Avatar, A-Team, Life of Pi) and some stinkers (Dragonball: Evolution, Tooth Fairy, Final Destination 5). Currently I'm working at Bron Studios and we're working on a feature based on a short they released back in the fall (http://vimeo.com/103030689).

For my personal life I got married and have 2 daughters: Mika (3 1/2), and Zoe (10 months).

For fun it's mostly spending time with my wife/girls with some gaming/hobbies. Mostly playing Heroes of Newerth, Strife, or Starcraft 2. Basically games you can get a quick round in on. On the side I'm rebuilding an arcade cabinet into a MAME box. It currently works, but it was just kind of hacked together... I'm rewiring the buttons (with new buttons that can take LEDs), a proper backlight for the marquee, eventually repaint it etc.

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~10.9TB RAID 5 (4x 4TB)
GodzukiTest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is fun. I'm working in Commercial Real Estate in Philly. My life consists of Counter-Strike: GO, working, and being social on occasion. No wife but great girlfriend.

I miss the good old days of playing a lagged out mantis and ruining matches. I haven't had a pop tart in years to be honest, I actually ate a salad today which has become a new thing. Training for a marathon in May, etc. etc.

It's crazy, I've been in and out of here for over a decade and I wasn't even that new of a member when I joined on my old account. I check around every so often to see how OPEN OMF is going. Glad to see that Rob Elam is doing great stuff in the gaming industry still.
dvereb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for CS:GO, although my full time job and two kids has taken me from playing in leagues to playing a few times a month. At least there's matchmaking now (although I'd much rather idle in #calscrim. Very Happy).

I'm finally a programmer and got out of doing IT support for almost 4 years. It started out fun since support was just something I did to help out while also doing my job. When it became my job it just kind of ruined my motivation. Now I'm doing what I love and someone is paying me to do it - crazy.
FireFly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aqua, and this is my 1000th post

These days I spend my time working, watching TV, browsing the Internet, games (electronic and board), slight working out, and healthy living.

Last edited by FireFly on Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
killer_roach

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the occasion of a computer upgrade to post here...

I just got a promotion at work, transferring in two weeks to Kenosha, Wisconsin to work for Amazon as a data analyst. In the meantime, I'm writing, attempting to put together a music project, and, to use an ongoing statement, doing my best to be a generally insightful nuisance.

Desktop:
Core i7-2600K @ 4.5 GHz
16GB DDR3-1600
eVGA GeForce 970 FTW
Windows 10 Preview

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3-800
Radeon 4570 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just recovering from a strong cold myself, been on and off work for the last few days. Applying for another position at work, nothing exciting, mostly just want a change after 5 years in this one.

On the hobby basis, I've been playing guild wars 2 almost every day for the last year, but last couple of months I finally burned out, and started focusing on other things again. Currently absorbed in a project to make a own wiki page for organizing and developing my own rpg material, and making an adventure to be my "good bye" to D&D before moving on to new and other rule-sets :)

Edit: Aqua, I've read through D&D 5e PHB and I must say I'm impressed with the rule-set for a D&D. If I had any interest in continuing with D&D I'd change over to 5e. Atm I'm looking at IKRPG, Numenera and World Tree as my next targets.
takuban

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, aside from keeping the lights on at this place, I mostly work (at Zumba now). I've been playing The Witcher 3 on my new gaming PC if I ever have any free time to do so.

I may be doing an independent collaboration project with a friend of mine that works for Sega. But details are unknown. If anything comes of it, I'll be sure to post here. I've been doing boring business web application development ever since OMF:BG. It pays well, but is not as fun.
DixieDelight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much here. Tvacnaar and I have been separated since May. We have two sons now. I work as a housemanager for individuals that have intellectual and developmental disabilities. Oh and I still play Utopia Smile
Ancient One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that you and Tylik are having difficulties. Hopefully you are able to resolve them, whatever the outcome is for the benefit of your boys.

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~10.9TB RAID 5 (4x 4TB)
DixieDelight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malfrex wrote:
Sorry to hear that you and Tylik are having difficulties. Hopefully you are able to resolve them, whatever the outcome is for the benefit of your boys.

Thanks. We've been trying to work things out for the past two years. Sadly the outcome will be divorce as soon as I can afford it.
Ancient One

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:( Really sad to hear that.
DixieDelight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raptor wrote:
Sad Really sad to hear that.

One of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make. Also one of the most heartbreaking.
PhreakyByNature

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DixieDelight wrote:
raptor wrote:
Sad Really sad to hear that.

One of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make. Also one of the most heartbreaking.

Indeed it must be... Sad

I'm married now, no kids, playing not much (CS: GO when I can, Pokemon GO, Eggs Inc and that's about it! Sad).

Working full time in higher education, sleeping too little, eating too much Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: