OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OMF: BG Source Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@takuban:

Anything you can supply would be greatly appreciated. I've sent a message off to Rob to see if he's had any luck recovering the source code. With regards to the models etc, I'm not sure how compatible they'd be with modern software (you used 3DS Max 5? 6?) and I'm sure the importer would have issues as well, but we'll take what we can. I have "free" access to May through work or hopefully Blender would still be able to read the data. I was able to export texture maps from the editor but the models seem to be permanently locked in there, all I know of the editor is what we figured out from tinkering with it.

Hopefully Rob will get back to me in a form other than Facebook so I can "prove" to you I'm not just talking out of my ass about this. As well, for anyone who is waiting on this source code stuff to pan out I really do suggest checking out Sentinels. It's past the alpha stage when I picked it up and I'd say middle to later stage beta at this point. Its a lot of fun hoping between towers; might even be cool to have a mode where the towers are just already placed and part of the challenge is ONLY hopping between them to kill enemies. The only big QoL feature I think would help at this point is a radar so when you're in tower mode you get an idea where the next wave is heading in from.

UPDATE:
I got ahold of Saul, who said that with regards to the music anything he had should already be in the game. With regards to the rights, Rob purchased exclusive rights to the music for the game so that handles the music licensing aspect. He also said he sent a message over to Justin on Facebook granting us permission to what is on the FTP site, so hopefully Justin gets that and we can start having something to look at.

If anyone has contacts with the rest of the team:

Kevin Byrd (just about everything...) - TV star (???) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2036354/ I can't find any easy way to contact him.

Juan Villegas (VFX/modeling) - working @ Hi-Rez on Smite; sent him a message on LinkedIn.

Josh DeGolier (sound) - I can't find anything about him... would depend if his contract was like Saul's

That should cover anything that might be an issue with licensing afaik. Justin could correct me but at least from my experience the 2D art is commissioned for the project and bought outright and things like the programming/scripting are contracted to be part of the game so that would be passed on to us through the licensing agreement with Rob.

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~10.9TB RAID 5 (4x 4TB)
takuban

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Rob contacted me and let me know it's OK to hook you guys up with whatever you need. I'll go through the stuff and try to see what I can put together in a way that will be organized and helpful.

Why don't you guys send me an email at my first name at my first and last name dot com. look at the domain this forum is hosted for help. Wink Include your name, email address and a way to contact you off this board as I tend to forget to check it regularly.

We could maybe create a slack channel or something. Anyway, I'll help out as best I can.
MageKing17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

takuban wrote:
Yep. Rob contacted me and let me know it's OK to hook you guys up with whatever you need. I'll go through the stuff and try to see what I can put together in a way that will be organized and helpful.

Why don't you guys send me an email at my first name at my first and last name dot com. look at the domain this forum is hosted for help. Wink Include your name, email address and a way to contact you off this board as I tend to forget to check it regularly.

We could maybe create a slack channel or something. Anyway, I'll help out as best I can.

I'll shoot you an email after posting this. We've got a semi-active IRC chatroom, and a basically-unused Discord server...
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e-mail sent off.

I think Discord might be the better option of the two. Although I use/love Slack at work, I'd be worried about the eventual chat history disappearing behind a pay wall. If anyone wants the Discord channel info just shoot me or MageKing a message and we'll get you hooked up.

If we end up getting things together in a somewhat organized way it might encourage me to get around to building my storage server to set up a git repo, at least for the initial stages. We recycled a storage appliance at work and I took a bunch of 2TB SAS drives from it and I have a 16-port SAS card just laying around...

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~10.9TB RAID 5 (4x 4TB)
MageKing17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction: we have two unused Discord servers. But this one is for BG: https://discord.gg/sT8YU2E
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: