OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New article about omf2097, in norwegian :p

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raptor
Ancient One

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: New article about omf2097, in norwegian :p Reply with quote

https://www.gamer.no/artikler/tilbakeblikk-fremtidens-mest-populaere-sport/431456

Yeah it is Norwegian only so not very interesting for the majority of you guys. But figured I'd link it :)
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might want to clarify a few things... (hurray Google Translate for helping me understand!)

- people have spoken to Rob (myself) so he isn't unreachable.
- he doesn't want to develop another OMF game due to the technical requirements to build another game as the technical requirements are very high compared to when 2097 was released.
- he legally can't release 2097 on GOG, that would require Epic to give clearance on its publishing/compatibility port (they have publishing rights)
- he doesn't have the source code/it is buried in some forgotten land and probably corrupted by this point in time
- he is developing another game in the OMF universe, Sentinels:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/388910/Sentinels/

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~10.9TB RAID 5 (4x 4TB)
Cyberman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malfrex wrote:

- he is developing another game in the OMF universe, Sentinels:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/388910/Sentinels/

Finally a link to the game - I was never sure I got the right one Smile

Are you sure it's set in the same universe? I've skimmed the steam page but didn't find anything.
It looks interesting, but I'm not sure if it looks interesting enough - no VR for me, so I'd have to play in 2D mode.

Weird as it is, if it really is set in the same universe (as in, references, not just word of god), then it'd become a lot more interesting...
MageKing17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the description mentions that one of the enemy commanders(?) is named Angel, but that was the only thing I noticed.
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are aspects of the mythos within the game. From the way I have interpreted it it takes place before the OMF competitions take place. There's references to Ganymede, Angel, etc in the game. Also a character who lookw like Timor (sp?) as well...

As for playing "traditional" vs "VR", I actually haven't played the VR version so I can't compare gameplay, but I still find it fun to play in non-VR mode. When I started playing originally it was a little clunky jumping between turrets and build mode but the controls have been made a lot more fluid and gameplay is a lot quicker than it was before. There was a point where gameplay became very grindy but I think that was mostly due to the story mode being at a point where it was no longer developed and I was jumping into late game gameplay which requires you having a lot of upgrades already in place. There are cheats you can do to get them for free but I felt bad jump dumping money on myself just to play them Smile

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~10.9TB RAID 5 (4x 4TB)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: