OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A horrible thought

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xinthos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:28 am    Post subject: A horrible thought Reply with quote

I just had a very terrible thought, im sure you all know MW4:Vengance (coulda been better but microsoft got their dirty hands on the copyright...) well, if youve ever played any of the multiplayer games, all people ever do is snipe, or they use..(shudders) missle boats...and ever since then the multi player fun factor has gone down allot...do you guys at DE or anyone else listening to my plead, have a plan to make sure this will not happen to OMF:BG?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: A horrible thought Reply with quote

I do hope they'll make the jaguar's 1337ness agility able to leap around the warlord's autocannon untill close proximity which at that point it's "extra sharp claws time".

A side project game that may never finish. Wink
QnEkE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: A horrible thought Reply with quote

That's something where I fear for too. I hope this game remains a hand-to-hand fighting game, and not a third person shooter. Not that I doubt the game will be good, but the tought really scares me.
sound : Sounblaster Audigy Player
Memory : Samsung 512 DDR PC2700
mobo : Epox 8K9A (Via KT400)
Kevin Byrd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: A horrible thought Reply with quote

Well since our game is a fighting game and not a gun game there is little chance of people playing that way.

The long range weapons are not as effective as close in fighting. Plus with enough advance notice (such as the type you owuld get running at an opponent form far away) it is easy to avoid long range attacks simply by running around them. Long range attacks are usually super moves so they are best used when you have already battered your opponents defenses in close combat, or you see an opportunity to make use of them.
But as of yet noone has been effective at playing sniper in OMF:BG.

------------------
Kevin Byrd
Fluxing those capacitors like its going out of style!
Diversions Entertainment
"We make the games you would make if you were us."
Xinthos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: A horrible thought Reply with quote

im a bit relieved now, i dont want that to happen to a good game like this, and i am positive of that

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: A horrible thought Reply with quote

Wasn't there someone on the DE team that used almost exclusivly ranged attacks to test the game balence?
Fujiwara_Bunta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: A horrible thought Reply with quote

probably.... gotta think of everything
ATI Radeon VE
SBLive! Value
Windows XP Professional
77GB Total HD Space (one 17GB and one 60GB)
Yamaha 8824E CD-R/W
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: