OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phreaky_by_Nature's Visit
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Byrd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 12:03 pm    Post subject: Phreaky_by_Nature's Visit Reply with quote

Phreaky and his family just dropped in to see us today and it was an immense pleasure for all of us to meet them.

Unfortunately for the phreakster we are between builds so all he got to experiance were alot of broken things but we slipped a little gameplay in on him at some point.

Thanks for stopping by and seeing us , We all hope the rest of your vacation was pleasant and safe.

------------------
Kevin Byrd
Technical Sleep Coordinator
Diversions Entertainment
"We make the games you would make if you were us."
SpoofUseless

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Phreaky_by_Nature's Visit Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Byrd:
so all he got to experiance were alot of broken things

that sucks.

------------------
Hi, my name is Spoof Useless, and my anti-drug is Hookers... ... ... ... and Crack Cocaine.
Mogusha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Phreaky_by_Nature's Visit Reply with quote

Did he have fun watching you repair the broken things
Robyrt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Phreaky_by_Nature's Visit Reply with quote

Ouch. My working build took maybe 10 minutes to even find the server, let alone include actual gameplay... I can just imagine the worlds of fun that Phreaky found in DE-land. Hey, at least you got to play it
Kevin Byrd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Phreaky_by_Nature's Visit Reply with quote

Well Robyrt you were lucky.
There were not alot of new things imported at the time you guys came here so you got to see and play the full testing run of BG.

Within the last 4-5 days there have been alot of changes to stuff going into the game so Phreaky got to see what happens when we have a massive upgrade of content and such.

Stuff getting purposefully broken and inconsistent builds of the game from one machine to the next and so on.
I think he got to see warlord in the game without his arms though LOL....
Warlord should be in the game and working farely well within a week or so.

------------------
Kevin Byrd
Diversions Entertainment
RN2804

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Phreaky_by_Nature's Visit Reply with quote

Does that mean a profile in a month or so?
Kevin Byrd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Phreaky_by_Nature's Visit Reply with quote

And again, just for clarifacation.

What Robyrt and Phreaky played are
UN_OPTIMIZED ROUGH BUILDS of the game.

That means they are no where near done versions of the game.

------------------
Kevin Byrd
Diversions Entertainment
RN2804

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Phreaky_by_Nature's Visit Reply with quote

Well yeah but...
Tieom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Phreaky_by_Nature's Visit Reply with quote

...it still kicked major booty.

[This message has been edited by Tieom (edited 07-11-2001).]
Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Phreaky_by_Nature's Visit Reply with quote

Meaning the finished version is going to be EXTREMELY .........impressive

------------------
waiting is the hardest part about BG
Video card: Geforce 4 Gts
Connection: Cable

AIM: Shadowunit001
Pyronius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Phreaky_by_Nature's Visit Reply with quote

I guess Phreaky isn't back yet.

Are there any pics from this visit? Or would they be redundant anyhow(other than seeing Phreaky's face)

--Pyronius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Phreaky_by_Nature's Visit Reply with quote

There are pictures.

I am sure they will get put up soon.
Hopefully whoever does the picture editing this time will get it right and stop labeling pictures of josh as pictures of me.
Josh is prefectly horrified that his face is blotted out in that one picture in the fan area and that my name is in the caption.
We still don't know if thats as a joke or if someone made a real mistake.

To tell the Truth not a one of us can remember phreakies real name.
He is English and has a typical teenager mumbling thing going on too so it was really impossible just to hear him when he did speak, let alone understand him. He must have thought we were all hard of hearing or near deaf cause everytime the guy said something I was like HUH? What was that? Say again?

His parents were really cool though. I love hearing people with english accents speak clearly it sounds so refined and pleasant.
His sisters were cool but they were mumblers too lol and since they are teen girls they are mid word gigglers too so that compounds the whole hearing problem haha. I don't remember mumbling like that when I was a kid but it seems every time I talk with a teen they are garble mouthed you know.

Morpheus and Robyrt were both a bit of a mumbler too. Robyrts little bro was not a mumbler but he is in that "I TALK LOUD CAUSE I CAN " age hahaha.
Its really cool to meet all you guys.

Now were just wondering when Pyronius is gonna make it up here cause he lives in the same state and has NO EXCUSE for draggin his over 18 booty up here to cruise the office halls. Well except like work and bills and the full on responsibility of being an adult with out an open ended teenagers schedule hehehe.

------------------
Kevin Byrd
Diversions Entertainment

[This message has been edited by Kevin Byrd (edited 07-13-2001).]
Pyronius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Phreaky_by_Nature's Visit Reply with quote

HAHA... I just busted a gut about 5 times reading that post.

I like your teenage-girl mid-word giggler explanation. I hear it ALL of the time! Awesomely funny. Just reminds me of this one girl that reads at church... heh heh heh.
It seems like she's embarassed to show that yes, she can speak and yes, she can read.

I personally have a slightly quiet voice. Watch out, DE!!
But I doubt you will have problems hearing me, really.

I may be able to get there sometime in the last week of this month or maybe first or second week in August.

Those weeks are between semesters, so I should be OK. But now, I am quite a bit south of my Orlando apartment, making it QUITE a drive to around by Pensacola. Come to think of it, I've never been there, and my Uncle lives there. Strange, I'd rather visit DE than my uncle....

So everybody knows where I live(shouldn't tell you freaks Razz) I live just south of the largest lake in Florida in a town called Clewiston. But i have an apartment in Orlando, where i go to the university of Central Florida. The star is The DE office in Panama City FL.(if this works...)
[img]http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~do67339/Map.bmp[/img]
For time scale, it takes about 3 hours on a good day to get to Orlando from Clewiston.

EDIT:dangit
Edit:It doesn't
Edit:bleep.
EDIT:haha, got in to my webspace.
EDit:danged Unix-based server is case-sensitive >

--Pyronius

[This message has been edited by Pyronius (edited 07-13-2001).]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Phreaky_by_Nature's Visit Reply with quote

I just got back from a vacation to Orlando last night...
Mogusha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2001 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Phreaky_by_Nature's Visit Reply with quote

Quote:
So everybody knows where I live

I'm sorry what was your adress again?
Just kidding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: