OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My OMF FanSite!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-BoT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: My OMF FanSite! Reply with quote

Yep, that link works..
anyway, I'm gonna work on some little updates for my site now... expect more information

<edit>I've updated it. Goto <A HREF="http://www.omfuniverse.tk" TARGET=_blank>my site</A> for more info
and at the rate i'm getting traffic, my site might even go down if it increases even slightly! ehehe Well I'm planning to change hosts anyway... then I can have unlimited traffic! and hopefully i'll have proper ftp access this time! hehe</edit>

------------------
.NeutralX-BoT|:.
<A HREF="http://icubenetwork.com/set" TARGET=_blank>SET Member</A>
<A HREF="http://www.omfuniverse.tk" TARGET=_blank>X-BoT's OMF Universe</A>

[This message has been edited by X-BoT (edited 02-11-2002).]

[ X-BoT's OMF Universe ] [ System Specs ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
stone101

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: My OMF FanSite! Reply with quote

pretty good site, I like it, though it might be a good idea to use frames instead of flash (faster loading, everyone can use it).

------------------
Dosshell is the best version of Windoze
BBoy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: My OMF FanSite! Reply with quote

Hey, nice site! You've got all the robots and pilots picured and stuff, thats cool

------------------
Ooh, see the metal fly!

~~~The moon is made of cheese???~~~

"For nothing is impossible with God"
Luke 1:37_NIV

~BBoy~
Cyberman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: My OMF FanSite! Reply with quote

Cool site.
One note. I wouldnīt show the details of what happens after you win with a character so easily. Rather, hide it behind a button, so someone who hasnīt yet played wonīt get it spoiled.

[EDIT]In the pilot-section, Raven, shouldnīt it be "...you canīt help..." instead of "...you can help..."?

[EDIT]Also, I would increase the space between the menu lines.

[This message has been edited by Cyberman (edited 02-11-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Cyberman (edited 02-11-2002).]
Mr. Pmosh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: My OMF FanSite! Reply with quote

Yeah, I like the site too. A couple of things:

1.) Just adding "bgproperties=fixed" in the <body> tag to your pages would make it look better in general, because then the background won't scroll with the page, at least in Internet Explorer. It looks kind of funny having the right side scroll and not the menu part.

2.) Where's the concept art for Katana?
[peer]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: My OMF FanSite! Reply with quote

I still think that if you have a flash, you should have it animate, or at least do something interesting...

If you want to keep it small, might I suggest using simple transparent GIFs for the text (two colours per image = really small gifs) in a table? Or if you're extra ]{-r4d-3leE7 (note: i am not endorsing l33t in any way, shape, or form) you could make a GIF for every letter that you would use, and write a javascript to write those letters into your navbar.. Lemme see if I can find my navbar from my old site.

Ah, <A HREF="http://khavo.no-ip.com/PeerNet-old/navbar.html" TARGET=_blank>here</A> we go. Guess where the inspiration for the style of this navbar came from Oh, also, I didn't neuter any of the links so you can look around PeerNet the way it was before I stopped working on it. No guarantees that anything works, tho, as it's a relic from the days before free ProHosting sucked, and things under my control tend to go sour over time.

Another thing, you can steal my script for writing the letter-images if you like, but leave in the credit (as said in the source code itself.) Raven, you could prolly learn a thing or two from the script as well.

Uhm.. yeah, that's all I have to say really.. oh, and aside from the Flash, your page is coming along nicely, X-Bot.

[edit] Oh, yeah, you still shouldn't say you made jagmesh.jpg.

And you don't have a link to omf.com, just the message board. A small gripe, but something missing nonetheless.[/edit]

------------------
[peer]
"I couldn't think of anything stupid, so I put something dumb instead."
--Khalal

[This message has been edited by [peer] (edited 02-11-2002).]

Windows XP Professional
AMD AthlonXP 1800+, 1.53 GHz
192 MB SDRAM
ASUS V8440 GeForce4 Ti4400 with 128MB VRAM
ADSL
Microsoft SideWinder Gamepad
John Durden

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: My OMF FanSite! Reply with quote

Why do the links have to be images in the first place?

------------------
hJon urDned
rvDiesosin trenEtinaenmt

only the freakish survive
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: My OMF FanSite! Reply with quote

Shut up, John. OMF's navbar is in Flash and stasiscube.com is images. Unlike my site with 90% text links you've got nowhere to talk.

[peer]: Super Notepad is da bomb!

Scorpion Navy Issue
[peer]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: My OMF FanSite! Reply with quote

John: He wants the navbar to fit within 640x480, it seems, and that's the easiest vs neat-o way to do that.

Raven: Thanks! If you actually look close, though, it's just MS Notepad, cloned by me, minus undo and find features (and possibly others, it's been forever since I last looked at it.)

If you'd like the source in VB (either 6 or 4, I'm not sure just how old SNP is) format, I can up it for you.

My favourite of those tools would prolly be SimplEnc.. I could swear I got the idea for the algorhythm from someone on IRC, and when I told him after finishing the program he didnt remember thinking of anything like that. So I'm confused as to the actual origins of how I made SimplEnc works, I just know what I did to make it work.

Moving on, You can see my level of maturity and seanbaby-ism from the Review section (apart from the unfinished control pad article, which was less seanbaby-like)

Wow, go offtopicness

------------------
[peer]
--Khalal

Windows XP Professional
192 MB SDRAM
ADSL
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: My OMF FanSite! Reply with quote

Hehe, I have no clue about programming whatsoever, but on the bright side Coppý tells me a rather large amount of PHP looks amazingly like C++ commands, so why not? Sure. I'd love to take a look at the source of it.

BTW: The change font was still on it. Of all the worthless features notepad had, that was one of them. ^_^ Open, save, exit, and a textbox is all ya need...

Scorpion Navy Issue
[peer]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: My OMF FanSite! Reply with quote

...Or not! Out of all the source code I kept, it seems SuperNotepad got lost somewhere.. Now the only thing I have is the text window which I used as part of another even more unfinished thing, MultiPad. (I was going for less apps open with more docs, MDI-wise I guess..

Oh and I don't think you could live without cut/copy/paste.

Or Notepad Help.

Anyway, <A HREF="http://khavo.no-ip.com/MultiPad.zip" TARGET=_blank>here</A>'s MultiPad, Nothing works except File>New, but it certainly excels at that! You won't be able to do much with the source without VB5 or 6 other than looking at it.

Oh, and it only exits through closing the main window. None of that fancy-shmancy file>exit stuff in that version!

------------------
[peer]
--Khalal

Windows XP Professional
192 MB SDRAM
ADSL
X-BoT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: My OMF FanSite! Reply with quote

BBoy: Thanks

Cyberman: I'm too lazy to make individual HTMLs for each pilot's "after you win". About Raven, I'll fix that right away. Thanks for pointing it out And what do you mean by "I would increase the space between the menu lines." Are you talking about the navbar? If yes, no I will not do it, because I used flash so that i could reduce the space. When I redesign the site, I'll probably deal with that.

Mr. Pmosh: I'll do the background thing right now... (after posting ) And I don't have the conecpt art for Katana, if anyone will be kind enough and send it to me, they get one word in return, "thanks"

[peer]: I will not change that! no no no! Well not until a redesign. Which you shouldn't expect soon... As far as jagmesh.jpg is concerned, all I did was take two images and combine them. Its obvious I didn't model it!

------------------

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Lord Ultramaximus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: My OMF FanSite! Reply with quote

I have a comment. In the BG pilots section, you repeatedly say things like "only black pilot" or "only asian pilot" or "only woman pilot". The thing is, these aren't true! Maybe you made some of those entries before the others, so that would imply not knowing about the other pilots... but the racial overtones are at best ridiculous and at worst maybe even offensive! It's the future, so that's just silly!

Why can't we right-click anything? That doesn't make any sense.

[This message has been edited by Lord Ultramaximus (edited 02-12-2002).]
X-BoT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: My OMF FanSite! Reply with quote

Ahh... I would NOT like people to be able to steal my images with ease.. so.. sorry. If you want to open in a new window, hold shift and click. else, you have no valid reason to right-click

------------------

Lord Ultramaximus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: My OMF FanSite! Reply with quote

Ohhhh, I see now. It seemed a little weird before I knew, but now that sounds like a reasonable idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: