OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

advanced menus
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenshin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 4:53 pm    Post subject: advanced menus Reply with quote

hey guys i posted on this a while ago and got some answers from some helpful people, thanks plugo and EPS. however, i still can't get to the advanced menu's. how long do i have to hold 2097 down for? i've tried for a long time. also, X bot i visited your new site, and the katana scrap doesnt seem to work, but that's prolly just due to my OMF incompetence. if anyone can help, i'd be greatly thankful.

------------------
Katana's Rock!
ElectricPoweredShock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced menus Reply with quote

You don't have to hold it down, just press it while you're on the main menu.
Mogusha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced menus Reply with quote

Hmm.. you do know that the advanced menu is in the configuration right?
Kenshin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced menus Reply with quote

mogusha, you're a genius, thank you so much. no, i had no clue it was in the config. thanks all, and by the way, this is a great site, tons o' info, definitely the coolest game i've seen in awhile, and BG is gonna be mine the day it's released. any help any one with katana's finish moves?
X-bot, your site is awesome too

------------------
Katana's Rock!
Kenshin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced menus Reply with quote

aaaggghhhh
mogusha, it's not in the config, or at least i don't think so. what's on the menu? and what do you mean the main menu? the red one or the one with the jag pic? this is really starting to annoy me. sorry to trouble you all with this too.

------------------
Katana's Rock!
ElectricPoweredShock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced menus Reply with quote

The one with the Jag pic. Just press 2, 0, 9 and 7 down simultaneously and "Advanced Options" should show up in the Config Menu
Alternately, you can run OMF with "ADVANCED" in the command line.

------------------
(Our Hapless Avatar)
-EPS - Member <A HREF="http://www.icubenetwork.com/set" TARGET=_blank>SET</A>

"I spell colour with an 'i'"
mrguytodd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced menus Reply with quote

Advanced Menu:

When you start the game (It doesn't have to be at the start of the game), when the main menu comes up, press and hold 2+0+9+7, and go to the Configuration menu (either that, or gameplay), at the bottom of that menu, right above exit, there should be Advanced Options!

Katana's Scrap/Destruct:

If you're using ver 2.1

Scrap:

If(Announcer says "You Win," == 1) {

Press and hold Forward;
press and hold Down;
let go of Forward;
Press and hold Back;
let go of Down;
Press and hold Punch;
Let go of Back;
Let go of Punch;

}

Destruction:

If(Katana Slashes opponent == 1 && Scrap has not ended == 1) {

Press and hold Back;
Press and hold Down;
Let go of Back;
Press and hold Forward;
Let go of Down;
Press and hold Punch;
Let go of Forward;
Let go of Punch;

}

I hope there aren't any bugs...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced menus Reply with quote

if you haven't figured it out, you press 2097, or it could be omf, but i don't think so, and then go into config, pressing it while in the config menu doesn't make it pop up, you have to exit then enter the config menu, also, you might be using the number pad, which might not work.

also, press rein simultaineously while in battle

------------------
"no private detective looks like a private detective, that's one of the first rules of private detection"
"but if no private detective looks likea private detective how do you know what it is he's not supposed to look like? seems like there's a problem there"
"yes, but it's not one that keeps me awake at nights." / the long dark tea time of th soul by douglas adams
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/sanity1a" TARGET=_blank>site</A> <A HREF="http://mailto:[email protected]" TARGET=_blank>mail</A>
Pyronius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced menus Reply with quote

The "ADVANCED OPTIONS" menu is under GAMEPLAY.

As mentioned, press 2+0+9+7 then wait a sec, go to the GAMEPLAY menu, near the bottom of that menu will be "ADVANCED OPTIONS"

Hope it helps

--Pyronius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced menus Reply with quote

Well I didn't try all the moves myself, or else the site would still be in development now. hehehe
I might try it some time later (when I get back from college)

------------------
.NeutralX-BoT|:.
<A HREF="http://icubenetwork.com/set" TARGET=_blank>SET Member</A>
<A HREF="http://www.omfuniverse.tk" TARGET=_blank>X-BoT's OMF Universe</A>

[ X-BoT's OMF Universe ] [ System Specs ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Plugo2K

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced menus Reply with quote

the main menu is the one with the jaguar and the spotlights moving all over it. from there, do the 2097, then go to GAMEPLAY (not config) and there should be the advanced options second from the bottom

note: you don't HAVE to press 2097 all at the same time you can just go in order
XP Home, DirectX 9.0c, ADSL
Proud Beta Tester of The First On-Line 3D Fighting Game that is trying really hard not to suck.
Robyrt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced menus Reply with quote

Advanced Options: Hold 2097 (about a second, maybe less) at the main menu (with the Jaguar), then go to Gameplay. It should be the last option on the menu.

Katana scrap is hcb+P just like the Shadow Rising Blade is hcf+P. Simply perform the move in the opposite direction at the same time you'd do any other scrap.

Katana destruction is hcf+P, again the same motion you use for the Shadow Rising Blade. It has to be done fairly quickly after the scrap.
Mogusha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: advanced menus Reply with quote

If I where Kenshin I would just read Robyrts post. It seems to be the clearest for the advanced options menu..
and mrguytodds' post for the destruction. (but remember to do it fast.)
Toxic Toast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: advanced menus Reply with quote

Yeah katana's scrap destruction is hard, and took me forever to master but once you get it the first time it's pretty easy. I find it even easier to do now than the jaguar's
Cyberman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: advanced menus Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Toxic Toast:
Yeah katana's scrap destruction is hard, and took me forever to master but once you get it the first time it's pretty easy. I find it even easier to do now than the jaguar's

??? I hope this is a joke - Katana´s destruction move is one of the easiest. Ever tried Electra´s?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: