OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:14 am    Post subject: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

Yep, they have screenshots of the game, so check it out!

<A HREF="http://www.gamespy.com/previews/february02/omfbg2/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.gamespy.com/previews/february02/omfbg2/</A>
MS Sidewinder Gamepad
JelZe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

I'll be a monkey's uncle if those screenshots aren't from the beta tests.

------------------
"All good things come in three"
"No, i'm NOT a girl, never was and never will be"
"We are all different, that's what makes us normal"

-JelZe GoldRabbit
O yeah, I almost forgot my sweetie kitty BellaChica aka Esmeralda. Luv ya babe, you're the best [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="[/img] *together for 1 whole year!!!* (now I don't have to update once a month)

-JelZe GoldRabbit =:3
TwistedSanity666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

I'd agree, but how did they get that?

------------------
"You both tried your best and miserably failed, so the moral of it all is that, never try" - Homer Simpson

TSDCLXVI - TwistedSanity666
Ted_E_Behr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

ooh. Schwanky window based menu system.
QnEkE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

Quote:
Game Type: Fighting
Developer: Diversions Entertainment
Publisher: TBA
Platform: PC

A publisher
sound : Sounblaster Audigy Player
Memory : Samsung 512 DDR PC2700
mobo : Epox 8K9A (Via KT400)
alanm26

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

Hmm. Two things to note here (at least).
A first glimpse at the menu system, which could mean the game's coming to completion, as that would be one of the last things a developer would work on in a game I think. Also for platform it didn't say xbox. So does this mean we don't have to wait longer for a simultaneous xbox+pc release? All pure speculation by the way.
WinXP Pro
Cable Internet
Repo-man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

sorry bud but TBA means to be announced. it is not a company.
mrguytodd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

Go Judy!!!

<edit>
And what's the BF for? I've been seeing it alot on the screens (maybe Beta Freak? )
</edit>

[This message has been edited by mrguytodd (edited 02-05-2002).]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

Hmm i would put in a few details but i dont think i can say them, i WILL tell you, i dont think DE likes that menu system

------------------
Layeth
the
Smacketh
Downeth
Shadow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

Since they put the information already out there, most of what was mentioned and seen is in the build the testers are working with now.

------------------

Win 98 SE
Athlon 750, 192 megs
ASUS GeForce2 GTS, 64 megs
No gamepad
Cable

fortune cookie reads:
that wasn't chicken
Video card: Geforce 4 Gts
Connection: Cable

AIM: Shadowunit001
Kevin Byrd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

That menu system is placeholder. Wish they hadn't shown it cause half the people seeing are going to believe thats the near finished product, which it is NOT!

This is a working mock up of the menu system we are putting in. Edgar and I are gonna be starting that real soon.

------------------
Kevin Byrd
Fluxing those capacitors like its going out of style!
Diversions Entertainment
"We make the games you would make if you were us."

[This message has been edited by Kevin Byrd (edited 02-05-2002).]
sanity1a

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

it seems to me that there are alot more pilots that in 2097 is there going to be a "skirmish" thing, and, if so, do robots have to be unlocked or are they frely avaliable from the start

------------------
"no private detective looks like a private detective, that's one of the first rules of private detection"
"but if no private detective looks likea private detective how do you know what it is he's not supposed to look like? seems like there's a problem there"
"yes, but it's not one that keeps me awake at nights." / the long dark tea time of th soul by douglas adams
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/sanity1a" TARGET=_blank>site</A> <A HREF="http://mailto:[email protected]" TARGET=_blank>mail</A>
ElectricPoweredShock

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

Uhm, this menu is still planned though, right?

------------------
(Our Hapless Avatar)
-EPS - Member <A HREF="http://www.icubenetwork.com/set" TARGET=_blank>SET</A>

"I spell colour with an 'i'"
Mogusha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

I see the scoring system still hasn't been implimented yet.. (the noticable score of 0 all the time kinda gives it away)
Hmm looking at that menu makes me think (for some reason) that maybe a really simple tournament editor could be implimented that allows you to just add whoever you want to fight from your created characters etc. in. and then that way you could create some simply single player tournaments.
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

Perhaps its just me, but the new menu design looks a little cluttered at the moment. That could just be me though; who knows. Otherwise I like it better then the ones in the preview. Perhaps you can talk to Gamespy and ask them to add a short note into the review that the menu shots are from the beta and not final.

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~10.9TB RAID 5 (4x 4TB)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: