OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mogusha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

I think shirro being alive would be more spectacular.. but remember this is the future many advances in the fight against aging have been discovered.
FelixKatz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

For most of the people who buy OMF:BG , they will not care who is carried over from the first game because they did not play 2097.
Cyberman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander de Large:
I'm glad to see that Steel Claw is back. And apparently, in the future, cyborgs will be fans of trepanation.

What the .... is "trepanation"?? I looked it up in the dictionary, but it makes no sense to me. Please explain.
Cyberman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by X-BoT:
Ibhrahim is still alive?!!??!
Don't tell me Alex Chiu's eternal life rings worked!

Say, didnīt someone try to get those rings? What happened?
Cyberman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by FelixKatz:
For most of the people who buy OMF:BG , they will not care who is carried over from the first game because they did not play 2097.

Ah, those youngsters...

I know that I do care - and thatīs all that is important for me.
Since this isnīt a sequel, I am glad that at least SOME characters survived.
BTW: remember Hans Kreissack was 105(or so) - and this was a long time ago - so nowadays(in BG) I suppose humans can be 200 or more.
swarmster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyronius:
[B]Umm, which menu do you like? The one here on the MB, or the one on the gamespy preview.

I sure hope the one here on the MB. It's cool. I could live with it
B]

It looks a lot cooler with 2097's menu music playing in the background.

*hint*hint*
Alexander de Large

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyberman:
What the .... is "trepanation"?? I looked it up in the dictionary, but it makes no sense to me. Please explain.

PLEASE NOTE that this procedure is elective, and the results have not been proven. Who knows, because it IS a HOLE in your HEAD. (you may now make reference to the NIN song )

Trepanation is the making of a small hole in the skull of the adult by use of a surgical drill known as a trepan. It not brain surgery (e.g., lobotomy). It is performed solely on the skull bone and does not enter the brain. A small "hole" (size is chooseable) made in the skull.

The purpose of trepanation is to give the closed skull of the adult an expansion window and thereby to restore the full pulsation which was lost when the skull sealed. The pulse wave then blows up the brain capillaries with blood to the level of childhood, accelerating brain metabolism and supposedly empowering the brain to permanently regain its "youthful" level. An equivalent volume of cerebrospinal fluid is squeezed out to make room for the extra blood and thereafter the ratio between the two fluid volumes in the brain is altered in favour of blood. An increase in energy and sense of "well being" is the most common result.

There is usually a mild, constant euphoria. It's more or less "permanent," althought a person would sort of get used to it. Trepanation, supposedly, is also "consciousness-altering." With more contact between capillaries and brain cells the brain could maybe function more efficiently, but this varies with every person.

Some people act like this trepanation like it's a religious cult, while some people just have the attitude that it is a medical procedure to improve their lives. It depends where you look, some people are normal, some people are wackos.

With sci-fi, all this opens up some real cool story possibilities, especially with all the "enhancements" a cyborgs has to his body and brain. I'm not sure of Steel Claw's particular equipment, but from the clear dome on his skull, you can see why I mentioned trepanation. Or Krang from Ninja Turtles.
X-BoT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyberman:
Say, didnīt someone try to get those rings? What happened?

Well.. ummm I did! And I ordered them after giving him 40 hits as promised. That was last year and I still haven't received them yet!!! ALEX CHIU IS A FAKE!

------------------
.NeutralX-BoT|:.
<A HREF="http://icubenetwork.com/set" TARGET=_blank>SET Member</A>
<A HREF="http://www.omfuniverse.tk" TARGET=_blank>X-BoT's OMF Universe</A>

[ X-BoT's OMF Universe ] [ System Specs ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
SteelTalon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

Excellent... I love Steel Claw...
Windows XP SP1 | DirectX 9.0b
1.5Mbps DSL
Cyberfrog

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: New Preview at Gamespy (new screenshots) Reply with quote

That "Unknown Player" fellow is hilarious .

Nice new menu btw.

------------------
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
Ace Rimmer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> The Game All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: