OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What does it take to have OMF on your LAN?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> LANs, Clans, and Cafes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bren

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: What does it take to have OMF on your LAN? Reply with quote

This message is to all of you who are giving a LAN party and are introducing OMF during the LAN Party.

I am just as you throwing a LAN party and I'm also giving a LAN party competition on my LAN.

First things first: You should play the game. Get used to it, don't just play it once, play it alot. Playing with the keyboard works, it works great but you have to take the time to get used to it. Tell this to your LAN party users. Give them time to get used to the controls (in a single player game, this way they don't get down because they got their [filtered] kicked. When you get your [filtered] kicked, games are no fun [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="[/img] ).

It is best to let your LAN-members know they can play the game in advance, by signing up on this website. Let them practice at home, this way the game will be more fun on the LAN because they have played it before.

Another very important issue is, now a days "help files" and "readme's" doe not exist any longer. People just wont read them, they want to get playing a.s.a.p.
How do you know combos without reading the help? I mean it's all there! If you would just read it. Combo's make the game so much more fun. So it's a must they get to know them one way or the other. This means that you, as organisation should know these compo's. You can either give everyone a crash course yourself (e.g. on a big screen), you can write them on a big peice of paper and let or you can just let everyone know where to find the list of combos.

As you can see it is very, very, very important that you introduce the game with care. If they don't get the hang of it quickly, or don't get the feeling that they are in control, they will not be interested anymore.

Finaly competitions, you can't possibly know what kind of competition (demolition, team demolition, last man standing, etc.) will have the most succes when you haven't played the game yet. It is very important you look at this with care, study what will be most fun for your gamers.

Basicly:
- play the game
- know common problems so you can help
- know the combos
- study the game modes and choose the right one for your lan
- plan the whole thing in advance
- introduce the game to your members
- explain how the game works, learn them a few combo's
- let them practice with you (and let them win) or let them practice in single player
- make sure they take time to get used to the controls

That's about it. I wish you all best of luck and I hope my tips are of any use [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="[/img]

Greetz,

Bren
Gamingzone Crew
http://www.gamingzone.be
http://lan.gamingzone.be
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> LANs, Clans, and Cafes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: