OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome to the support forums.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Byrd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the support forums. Reply with quote

Howdy Howdy!

It is our greatest hope that noone ever has a single problem with OMF:BG but that is a little on the wishfull side. :biggrin2:

Please be concise and present as much information as possible when posting your problem.

The main points to cover are:

Error Code- if one appears.

System Specs/configuration- Tell us processor speed ram amount video card make and model and operating system at minimum. A cut and paste of the system info from DXDiag would be the best solution and how to do that is covered in the support knowledge base.

The type of problem-If it happens when you do one specific thing, or when a "this or that" happens, then it is worth mentioning. Describing what happens and what you were doing or attempting to do when it happened in the greatest detail possible will always help us figure out the problem faster than simply exclaiming that something is broken.

We will do our best to help you with any issues you have and we hope you can be patient as we attempt to do so.

Thank you.
mrguytodd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the support forums. Reply with quote

Yay!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the support forums. Reply with quote

so this is a bug report forum or a hooplah?

edit: oh wait we ask questions here

Surprised

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the support forums. Reply with quote

yay, hurray to these forums Smile

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Zelig

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the support forums. Reply with quote

So is this only a support forum, or do you want us to post bugs we find here?
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the support forums. Reply with quote

No need to post testing bugs here.

These forums should just be for issues people are having getting the game to run.

We still have two test forums for bug reporting. Of course some problems posted here can and will fall under the bug category eventually I'm sure.

It would be no different than support forums anywhere else.
If someone posts a problem you have dealt with, help them out, if not we will try to resolve the problems and that information will be added to the knowledge base and other support resources as applicable.

This is Kevin by the way.
Just testing the open reply ability.
Cause if it isn't tested......
robusa80

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the support forums. Reply with quote

it also doesnt show if there's new posts or not
Tagan00002

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the support forums. Reply with quote

Quote:
it also doesnt show if there's new posts or not

aye
Dark Thunder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the support forums. Reply with quote

I noticed you haven't covered my possible FAQs in FAQ section I asked earlier in the support thread, and I can't find that thread.
Lita

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the support forums. Reply with quote

Well thats prolly coz those questions were ONLY FAQ`s by YOU.. hehe........

Anyway this is cool.. Keep it up DE... Another good idea unfolded. Smile

The first ever female who took legit claim to her gender on these boards and the only female beta tester of OMF BG.

ShadowFire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the support forums. Reply with quote

Quote:
Howdy Howdy!

It is our greatest hope that noone ever has a single problem with OMF:BG but that is a little on the wishfull side. :biggrin2:

Please be concise and present as much information as possible when posting your problem.

The main points to cover are:

Error Code- if one appears.

System Specs/configuration- Tell us processor speed ram amount video card make and model and operating system at minimum. A cut and paste from DXDiag would be the best solution and how to do that is covered in the support knowledge base.

The type of problem-If it happens when you do one specific thing, or when a "this or that" happens, then it is worth mentioning. Describing what happens and what you were doing or attempting to do when it happened in the greatest detail possible will always help us figure out the problem faster than simply exclaiming that something is broken.

We will do our best to help you with any issues you have and we hope you can be patient as we attempt to do so.

Thank you.

do u realize how big that direct file is, ill be a test dummy and look

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/18/2003, 01:09:58
Machine name: DARNER
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.021108-1929)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Inspiron 8500
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03
Processor: Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 2.20GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 183MB used, 1065MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0902 32bit Unicode

Edited in the interests of not scrolling for an hour to see the next message :biggrin2:

P4 LGA775 3.4 Prescott
Nvidia 6800GT
4x512 mb dual channel 400mhz ram
2x250 GB SATA Drives
Realtek AC97 Built in 6.1 Sound
Gigabit Lan
8xUSB 2.0
3x120mm fans w/ fan control
DFI LANparty 875P-T

Dark Thunder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the support forums. Reply with quote

Quote:
One more thing: When will the game come out?

One more thing: When will I get to test the mod?

One more thing: Nothing on music?

Found it.
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the support forums. Reply with quote

For those wondering, the live tech support will be starting up as of Monday, Dec. 22, 2003 as of 2PM CST. The link to the live tech support can be found here.

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~7.4TB RAID 5 (3x 4TB)
Droa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the support forums. Reply with quote

Ahh. That's a huge list of stuff there.

So can the LTers post suggestions on how people can fix problems here, or is it just for DE?

Cheers,
Rhap.
Kevin Byrd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the support forums. Reply with quote

That is a huge list of stuff.

Thats why I edited that post.

Thats also why I suggested cutting and pasting out the system info using the steps in the knowledge base to tell you where and how to access the DXDiag for the cutting and the pasting! :thumbsup:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: