OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Freezing and then resuming.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowFire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:02 am    Post subject: Game Freezing and then resuming. Reply with quote

As the topic states there is my problem. My game will pause in a moment in time( and no there is no chronos present ) and then will resume later. Also I am seeing many weird things that the game is doing such as a move existing after it is thrown, this is mainly with forces jab upward punch. It is thrown misses and then i walk toward the force and get hit by the jab, when the force did nothing. These seem sorta related so mabe they are the same thing.

P4 LGA775 3.4 Prescott
Nvidia 6800GT
4x512 mb dual channel 400mhz ram
2x250 GB SATA Drives
Realtek AC97 Built in 6.1 Sound
Gigabit Lan
8xUSB 2.0
3x120mm fans w/ fan control
DFI LANparty 875P-T

TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Game Freezing and then resuming. Reply with quote

such things often occur due to edgy system stats.. i used to have it with the default settings, toned them down a bit and could play reasonably well.. Smile

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Zelig

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Game Freezing and then resuming. Reply with quote

I get this sometimes when my connection cuts out briefly.

I also get lots of wierd moves like what you're describing due to the obscene amounts of lag I have sometimes.
Socrates

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Game Freezing and then resuming. Reply with quote

what video card do you have
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Game Freezing and then resuming. Reply with quote

Quote:
what video card do you have

and maybe some additional system specs..

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
ShadowFire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Game Freezing and then resuming. Reply with quote

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/18/2003, 01:09:58
Machine name: DARNER
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.021108-1929)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Inspiron 8500
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03
Processor: Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 2.20GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 183MB used, 1065MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0902 32bit Unicode

There you are, and my system does not just meet any requiremet as long as the specs aint changed since last week.

What is missing that might be needed is my connection. I have cable internet, and my normal speed is about 3mbs give or take 500 kbs

P4 LGA775 3.4 Prescott
Nvidia 6800GT
2x250 GB SATA Drives
Gigabit Lan
8xUSB 2.0
DFI LANparty 875P-T

Zelig

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Game Freezing and then resuming. Reply with quote

I don' see video card in that list. Wink

3mbps down should be plenty, unless you happen you have an especially high latency cable connection.
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Game Freezing and then resuming. Reply with quote

ya, your connection is fine. Mine runs at a little more than half that and my system is fine.

Blind patriotism
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Game Freezing and then resuming. Reply with quote

Quote:

3mbps down should be plenty, unless you happen you have an especially high latency cable connection.

GFX card is indeed missing... if its onboard.. well ur toast :p
as its DELL.. i doubt its much good.. could be good, could be bad.. though.. :\

ShadowFire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Game Freezing and then resuming. Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

GFX card is indeed missing... if its onboard.. well ur toast :p
as its DELL.. i doubt its much good.. could be good, could be bad.. though.. :\

LOL, on board are u nuts, i would never get an onboard willingly :sweat2:

I got a GeForce4 64mb DDR Go Dell Mobile card with 52.03 drivers i believe, and the funny thing i found is if i dissable high detail geometry, most of the crashes cease to happen. The funny thing is, with that off, i can go from medium to high res and from medium to high shadows, full everything, and see no problems, is the high detail gemoetry too hard for my card???

The other thing that i found crashes OMF:BG is when my RAM manager decides to clear some ram, it laggs bg so much it crashes it, if i am hit while it does it. And the only reason i know this is trial and error. I have laways know when it did te ram refresh, bu finally figured out what made the difference. If i am hit, the gmae is trying to claculate what happened to me at the same time, and for whatever reason, those 2 processes dont like each other.

So basically i solved my problem, but why does high detal geometry do that, i think my card should be more then capable of handling it, especially since in the lt, it was more then capable of it.

P4 LGA775 3.4 Prescott
Nvidia 6800GT
2x250 GB SATA Drives
Gigabit Lan
8xUSB 2.0
DFI LANparty 875P-T

Zelig

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Game Freezing and then resuming. Reply with quote

My game also seems to pause sometimes for under 1 second, usually when I kill someone...
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Game Freezing and then resuming. Reply with quote

well a GF4 64MB isnt too much overdue or so to speak.. yet it will do high geometrics (got same)
So i dont really know what would be causing this.. :\

ShadowFire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Game Freezing and then resuming. Reply with quote

Quote:
well a GF4 64MB isnt too much overdue or so to speak.. yet it will do high geometrics (got same)
So i dont really know what would be causing this.. :\

thanks tuf and zelig, u guys have been nice enough to help me, thanks.

Ya i dont see why either, mabe i got some process running i dont think i do, or mabe i can disable some stuff to fix it.

TheUnknownFactor, what drivers do you have for ur gf4, mabe i could try the ones u have, mabe that is all i need, to fix this, that would be a great fix. Mabe you could link to them here for me. :thumbsup:

Well thanks, im off to check all my proccesses and stuff ( i jsut realixed i cant say sh it ), and I will give up my trials and stuff to yall, progress and degression, hopefully only the first one.

P4 LGA775 3.4 Prescott
Nvidia 6800GT
2x250 GB SATA Drives
Gigabit Lan
8xUSB 2.0
DFI LANparty 875P-T

TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Game Freezing and then resuming. Reply with quote

im using Forceware 53.03, which work fine Smile

ShadowFire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Game Freezing and then resuming. Reply with quote

Quote:
im using Forceware 53.03, which work fine Smile

Okie got the driver, now i will go test it and report at the end of the night, well beginning of the next day, i want to play Very Happy

P4 LGA775 3.4 Prescott
Nvidia 6800GT
2x250 GB SATA Drives
Gigabit Lan
8xUSB 2.0
DFI LANparty 875P-T

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: