OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crashing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreakon13

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Crashing Reply with quote

I noticed my game is randomly crashing. When I am about to send the mail it says

"
Application: OMF:BG
Time: Sat Dec 20 20:38:29 2003

Crash ID: 0
Call Stack:
GetFunctionInfoFromAddresses() failed:

System Description:
Build: 2095
Platform: Windows XP
Service Pack: Service Pack 1

2266 MHz GenuineIntel
PageSize: 4096

Physical Memory: 511MB, Available: 390MB
Total Virtual: 2047MB
Memory Used: 23%

Video Adapter 0: RADEON 9200 SERIES

Audio Adapter: Unknown
Total HW Buffers: 1, 0 3D Buffers"

Is there any way to fix this so it stops crashing?
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Crashing Reply with quote

what driver version are you using? If you don't have the catalyst 3.10 drivers I would suggest getting them.

Blind patriotism
Dreakon13

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Crashing Reply with quote

3.10 are out now? I have 3.9 I think (or 3.09, whatever..). Hopefully they help.

EDIT: I got the new drivers. I will play the game a lot tomorrow and see if it helps. Any other suggestions on how to fix this random crashing would be appreciated.
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Crashing Reply with quote

3.9 did bug a bit, every now and then

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: Crashing Reply with quote

I've got the 3.10 and also the BG-Patch. It got even worse. There is not a single match that I can finish.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Crashing Reply with quote

Aye, same problem here. Game is collecting dust until this is fixed....random crashes _every_ time I play after a couple matches.

System is high end with nothing running in background. Sounds like the same problem that the other ATI users are having though. Patch incoming? anybody?
Zelig

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Crashing Reply with quote

Some more system specs would be nice.

The main dev is running a 9700 pro iirc, so I doubt it's a problem with all ATI cards.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Crashing Reply with quote

I am having the same problem, ati radeon 9500, can't get through 2 matches without a crash. I am downloading the 3.1's now and will let you know if it helped. BTW, the beta was much more stable on my system than the RTM version :/
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Crashing Reply with quote

Zelig,

System specs are as follows.

P4 2.4
1 gig ram
ATI 9500 pro
Soundblaster Live Value.

Running XP SP 1
Catalyst 3.10 drivers

Am also using a USB Saitek Game pad with only drivers installed.
Kevin Byrd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Crashing Reply with quote

Right now we are still using the 3.8 catylist drivers.
If you get the newest drivers and experiance more bugs roll back to the previous drivers where those bugs did not happen.

Try going back to 3.8 and see if these problems still happen.
If they do not then we know we need to update for the new drivers asap.
Kevin Byrd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Crashing Reply with quote

Juan and I just ran through with the 3.9 and 3.10 catalyst drivers and had no problems at all. So they should be fine.

There is another thing you can test. Check your AGP settings and if you are runing 8X agp set it to 4X and see if that makes a differance.

There is a chance that there is a bug that will become more prominent with higher agp settings because you are moving more data at one time and that would expose the bug more often and possibly let it hit optimal conditions for blow up more frequently.

We've had success with the same issue by lowering the AGP setting. Made things more stable.

Aside from that we will keep trying to find anything that could be causing it.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Crashing Reply with quote

agp to 4x and problem persists. Cannot get past the 4'th match in the ultimate warrior tourney.
Kevin Byrd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Crashing Reply with quote

ok. We are definately looking at that.

It's just so odd. At least it is easily reproducable.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: