OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game crahses when I try and change the controls. Please help

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nelinator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Game crahses when I try and change the controls. Please help Reply with quote

Hi, the game always crashes whenever I try and change the controls. I have tried reinstalling the game and auto-patching it again, reinstalling the game and manually patching it, but the manual patch doesn't work, I get an "Old file does not exist" error. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sinkaro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Game crahses when I try and change the controls. Please Reply with quote

You have to manual patch the game in the right order (believe it or not). And, I'm almost surprised to say it, but the autopatcher is better..... I don't know when but I think DE made a better one at some point while I was away...
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Game crahses when I try and change the controls. Please Reply with quote

Sinkaro: actually, several people seem to have a problem with changing their control configurations within 2096. They were able to remedy it by manual patching to 2095, setting their controls, then auto patching to 2096.

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~10.9TB RAID 5 (4x 4TB)
Sinkaro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Game crahses when I try and change the controls. Please Reply with quote

I'm not talking about the controls, I was talking about his error when manual patching... Look before you type.
Malfrex
Ancient One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Game crahses when I try and change the controls. Please Reply with quote

Actually I had seen. The problem is people don't know how to use the patcher. It isn't well explained that you just choose the install folder, not an actual file.

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
i7 3770k (will OC @4.5Ghz)
2x8GB G.SKILL DDR3-2600
MSI 7970 3GB
Crucial M4 128GB
~10.9TB RAID 5 (4x 4TB)
eengoedemorgen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Game crahses when I try and change the controls. Please Reply with quote

Found a fix, reinstall the game, skip the autopatcher, configure controls, and patch up to current build...

Electronic Gaming Machine
OMF Business Manager

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Game crahses when I try and change the controls. Please Reply with quote

There was a patch done to fix the control thing, and now we are on 2097
robusa80

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Game crahses when I try and change the controls. Please Reply with quote

Quote:
There was a patch done to fix the control thing, and now we are on 2097

the 2097 patch didnt fix it
Wraiyth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Game crahses when I try and change the controls. Please Reply with quote

2096-2097 did fix the Crashing Problem with the controls
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: