OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fullversion/LT says need codec, can't finshish North Armer..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ithon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: fullversion/LT says need codec, can't finshish North Armer.. Reply with quote

My windows Xp says that I need a indeo codec (here if read can't acess the other page) during the beging of the North American tournament and when I play, now this indeo codic cost $15 I'm not doing that.

Then after I beat Raven in the fullversion, I should see the aftermath like in the Limited test, with my Har in the city, but instead the game kicks me off and I don't progress, no new pilots, or touraments. now when I play, it's after ever match I win

Third I can't find any server online, could be the winstock port, don't know, or I could be that I live in California

This maybe because of me under limited acess, Which I had to gain admin power to just play off the CD, unlike the limited test.

Byt I was playing against a mantis and the har keep its dragonfly in hand when it went to the 2nd round, don't know if you can do that no perpass.
robusa80

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: fullversion/LT says need codec, can't finshish North Arm Reply with quote

is LT and the retail installed in the location (drive, partition)? If so, you should install the retail in a different location if you can.
Ithon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: fullversion/LT says need codec, can't finshish North Arm Reply with quote

I uninstalled the LT

oh and know, when I play online, my screen turn black expect for a few things, but if I press Esc button I can see agian, so if I try to go to the main menue from online play the game exits.
ElementFire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: fullversion/LT says need codec, can't finshish North Arm Reply with quote

One of my friends has the same indeo codec problem. Try downloading a codec pack, or look for old versions of the codec.
Ithon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: fullversion/LT says need codec, can't finshish North Arm Reply with quote

I dont' want to risk it untill DE says so. I dont' want to have a major porblem on my computer, I have to share the computer with the family.
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: fullversion/LT says need codec, can't finshish North Arm Reply with quote

The Indio codec is suppose to be built into windows. If it's not installed, dig out your windows CD and install it from there. It should be on there, as it is a component of windows.

If that doesn't work, post the exact indio codec version needed and we'll find it.

Blind patriotism
Cyberman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: fullversion/LT says need codec, can't finshish North Arm Reply with quote

I think itīs included in Video for Windows.

Oh, and - YUCK. Why InDeo? Thatīs gruesome. Why not DivX?

[edit]What format are the videos in, btw? I just did a quick search and found a CVID FourCC - maybe coincidence, at least I hope so. Thatīd be the Cinepak codec...
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: fullversion/LT says need codec, can't finshish North Arm Reply with quote

because indio is suppose to be available on all windows computers, divx isn't, and incorporating the playback costs money. So, the choice is use something that's free or use something you have to pay for.

Blind patriotism
Cyberman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: fullversion/LT says need codec, can't finshish North Arm Reply with quote

Well, thatīs true. But Indeo is a outdated codec and DivX isnīt.
As for being on all computers - apparently indeo isnīt either. And DivX can be downloaded for free.
Besides, DivX is only a suggestion, thereīre many codec that use Mpeg4 technology - why use something ancient?
Zelig

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: fullversion/LT says need codec, can't finshish North Arm Reply with quote

You can get the last free version of the codecs here if you need them.
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: fullversion/LT says need codec, can't finshish North Arm Reply with quote

well they probably started using indio before divx even existed :-p
certinly before mpeg4 was out.

Blind patriotism
Ithon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: fullversion/LT says need codec, can't finshish North Arm Reply with quote

thanks guys, but I can't find out what version is on my computer. Now it doesn't even show the problem now, now when I win or lose any match single play or online the game exits. now I still can't even play Raven where I noticed this thing in the first place, but I'll uninstall and reinstall to see what happens.
Cyberman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: fullversion/LT says need codec, can't finshish North Arm Reply with quote

Quote:
well they probably started using indio before divx even existed :-p
certinly before mpeg4 was out.

Quite possible. Mpeg4īs rather old, but DivX (the new one, not the hack) is rather "new".
Still, I see no good reason as to why not use it.
Kevin Byrd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: fullversion/LT says need codec, can't finshish North Arm Reply with quote

Thats interesting. There shouldn't even be any video left at all that needs indio.

We used indio because it was supposed to be default in windows, but found out that it was not going to be in WinXp.

So we actually replaced all the video clips we were using with a new method using the particle system instead.
Looks like I must have missed a video file.

You should be able to download the last free version of the indeo codec and use that.

Whats interesting is that I have installed the full version of OMF on an XP machine that did not have Indio codec and everything ran fine.
Did you set the game to lowest detail settings maybe?
It is possible that some geometry at low detail level is getting turned on that may still be associated with an indio video file and I will have to hunt that down and kill it off for the next patch.

Ithon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: fullversion/LT says need codec, can't finshish North Arm Reply with quote

they the low geometry did just that, I think.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it keeped my profile and settings, and it went smoothly, for a while. I had all of the setting up, and it still said indeo codec needed, then after I beat the final round of the ultimate tourney you get after North American, it kicked me out, (agian), and know when ever I play a game and win (or lose) it kickes me out.

(oh yhea, when it kicked me out when I won the tourney, I don;t recieve any bonus)

(sorry for the spelling)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: