OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[2096] Spelling in IFL Cup

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyberman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: [2096] Spelling in IFL Cup Reply with quote

Iīm not through yet, this is what I found:

The first team event of the season the IFL cup is the result of months of skirmish games where teams can rotate in and out players as often as they like.

The first team event of the season, the IFL cup is the result of months of skirmish games, where teams can rotate in and out players, as often as they like.

I like working with phoenix but...
I like working with Phoenix, but...

The Professor had an emergency at his lab
I hope no one is inconvenienced by my substitution.

The Professor had an emergency at his lab,
The Professor had an emergency at his lab.

Going into the third match of the cup Team Phoenix is staying strong with Dr. Lithius taking on a very offense oriented role in the dynamic.

Going into the third match of the cup, Team Phoenix is staying strong, with Dr. Lithius taking...

My my, what an eclectic blend of combatants Saber has put together.
My, my, what an ...

Itīs too fast I canīt...
Itīs too fast, I canīt...

Oh no you donīt Jormund. Dr. Lithius Iīm hacking your frame your heavy hits are juiced baby!
Oh no, you donīt, JOrmund. Dr. Lithius, Iīm hacking your frame, your heavy hits are juiced (up), baby!

...and even the Awesome power of Dr. Lithius fell to the shear voracity...
...and even the awesome power of Dr. Lithius fell to the sheer voracity...
Zelig

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: [2096] Spelling in IFL Cup (incomplete) Reply with quote

Was going to post all the retail tourney spelling errorrs together, but here's what I had for the IFL Cup:

IFL Cup

Disclosure

"The first team event of the season the IFL cup is the result of months of skirmish games where teams can rotate in and out players as often as they like."
"The first team event of the season, the IFL Cup, is the result of months of skirmish games where teams can rotate in and out players as often as they like."

"Starting off the IFL cup are the Illuminari and Phoenix teams."
"Starting off the IFL Cup are the Illuminari and Phoenix teams."

"I like working with phoenix but...They make me uncomfortable, its strange..."
"I like working with Phoenix, but... they make me uncomfortable, it's strange..."

"You don't expect us to lose on purpose just for you do you?"
"You don't expect us to lose on purpose just for you, do you?"

"Hopefully they are compensating you in other ways because it is obvious you're not receiving training."
"Hopefully they are compensating you in other ways, because it is obvious you're not receiving training."

"I fight to better understand the system I'm not in it for fighting."
"I fight to better understand the system, I'm not in it for the fighting."

"Team Phoenix will have to make a dramatic rematch comeback if they want any hope of making it the end of this tournament."
"Team Phoenix will have to make a dramatic rematch comeback if they want to have any hope of making it to the end of this tournament."

"Moving on to the second match of the IFL cup event Team Phoenix is taking command with a forceful and aggressive stance."
"Moving on to the second match of the IFL Cup event, Team Phoenix is taking command with a forceful and aggressive stance."

The Replacement

"The Professor had an emergency at his lab"
"The Professor had an emergency at his lab."

"A last minute substitution for the Phoenix team sees the professor being replaced by none other than the Phoenix Groups vice Chairperson Ice."
"A last minute substitution for the Phoenix team sees the Professor being replaced by none other than the Phoenix Group's vice Chairperson, Ice."

"It is always a pleasure to see the Vice Chairman of the Phoenix group."
"It is always a pleasure to see the Vice Chairman of the Phoenix Group."

"The professors animals get agitated easily and he's the only one who can care for them."
"The Professor's animals get agitated easily and he's the only one who can care for them."

"So is the research just for medical applications or are you hoping to apply it to HAR technology as well."
"So, is the research just for medical applications, or are you hoping to apply it to HAR technology as well?"

"Phoenix is rolling into the third match of the IFL cup with an absent professor and tons of beat down to hand out."
"Phoenix is rolling into the third match of the IFL Cup with an absent Professor and tons of beat-down to hand out."

Favor

"Going into the third match of the cup Team Phoenix is staying strong with <Slot0Name> taking on a very offense oriented role in the dynamic."
"Going into the third match of the cup, Team Phoenix is staying strong with <Slot0Name> taking on a very offense oriented role in the dynamic."
Dynamic?

"MicroMines!"
"Micromines!"

"Couldn't you at least have used a better hack than these Micromines."
"Couldn't you at least have used a better hack than these Micromines?"

"So quick to start complaining when your advantage isn't as good as you thought eh girls."
"So, quick to start complaining when your advantage isn't as good as you thought, eh' girls?"

"It's too fast I can't...what is that?"
"It's too fast, I can't... what is that?"

"<Slot0Name> I'm hacking your frame your heavy hits are juiced baby!"
"<Slot0Name>, I'm hacking your frame, your heavy hits are juiced, baby!"

"Tear'em up!"
"Tear 'em up!"

"Ok. You got away with that one."
"Okay. You got away with that one."

"Jormund you will pay for this."
"Jormund, you will pay for this!"

Interloper

"Load ERROR Pilot: Sgt. Sam Team: Iron Fist...Reconnect...Complete. Pilot:Mizuno Substitution. Team:Iron Fist."
"Load Error: Pilot: Sgt. Sam, Team: Iron Fist... Reconnect... Complete. Pilot:Mizuno, Substitution. Team:Iron Fist."

"Oh you're not worried about the money!"
"Oh, you're not worried about the money!"

"If anything happens to me. Well you wouldn't want to find out."
"If anything happens to me... well, you wouldn't want to find out."

"All I want is the professor!"
"All I want is the Professor!"

"What's a little humiliation between partners eh?"
"What's a little humiliation between partners, 'eh?"

"Wasn't there a movie back in the old days where a computer fell in love with the programmers wife and went nuts?"
"Wasn't there a movie back in the old days, where a computer fell in love with the programmer's wife and went nuts?"

"All you have to do is give me the professor."
"All you have to do is give me the Professor."

"If you just leave the professor alone and get on with your...existence, there would be no need for any of this!"
"If you just leave the Professor alone and get on with your... existence, there would be no need for any of this!"

"HATING HIM IS MY EXISTENCE!."
"Hating him IS my existence!"

"Tremendous odds and a high jacked final match, but <Slot0Name> nearly pulled the team through single handed!"
"Tremendous odds and a hijacked final match, but <Slot0Name> nearly pulled the team through single-handed!"

"Now is when the best pilots of the season old and new, get separated from the rest."
"Now is when the best pilots of the season, old and new, get separated from the rest."

"The IFL cup is the gateway to the world open."
"The IFL Cup is the gateway to the World Open."
Cyberman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: [2096] Spelling in IFL Cup (incomplete) Reply with quote

Iīm adding a few suggestions.

Zelig: Now Iīm sure - you have no life.
Did you rip the texts out of their files?

Quote:
IFL Cup
"I like working with phoenix but...They make me uncomfortable, its strange..."
"I like working with Phoenix but... they make me uncomfortable, it's strange..."

I think it should be
"I like working with Phoenix, but..."

Quote:
"So is the research just for medical applications or are you hoping to apply it to HAR technology as well."
"So is the research just for medical applications or are you hoping to apply it to HAR technology as well?"

Iīd say:
"So, is the research just for medical applications, or are you hoping to apply it to HAR technology as well?"

Quote:

"So quick to start complaining when your advantage isn't as good as you thought eh girls."
"So, quick to start complaining when your advantage isn't as good as you thought, eh' girls?"

I think the first commaīs not needed here - itīs not "So, quick" but rather "So quick", as in "that soon you complain".

Quote:
"<Slot0Name> I'm hacking your frame your heavy hits are juiced baby!"
"<Slot0Name>, I'm hacking your frame, your heavy hits are juiced baby!"

My suggestion:
"<Slot0Name>, I'm hacking your frame, your heavy hits are juiced, baby!
Maybe even "juiced up".

Quote:
"Load Error: Pilot: Sgt. Sam Team: Iron Fist... Reconnect... Complete. Pilot:Mizuno Substitution. Team:Iron Fist."

I think "Load Error: Pilot: Sgt. Sam, Team:" would be better - something to separate the name from the team.
Also: "Pilot: Mizuno, Substitution." - Substition isnīt part of Mizunoīs name, right? So it should be separated from it.

Quote:

"Wasn't there a movie back in the old days where a computer fell in love with the programmer's wife and went nuts?"

"...old days, where a ..."

Quote:

"All you have to do, is to give me the Professor."
Zelig

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: [2096] Spelling in IFL Cup (incomplete) Reply with quote

Yeah, I did North Am by taking lots of screenshots, but then realized it was much easier to just read and copy out of the data files.

Okay, I edited my first post in with what I agree with.

Quote:
I think the first commaīs not needed here - itīs not "So, quick" but rather "So quick", as in "that soon you complain".

I disagree, but I'm sure DE knows what they mean.

Quote:
Quote:

"All you have to do, is to give me the Professor."

My version seems fine to me.
Cyberman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: [2096] Spelling in IFL Cup (incomplete) Reply with quote

Right, these are debatable - letīs DE decide.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: