OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index OMF:BG Message Board
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can someone help me?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LittleD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Can someone help me? Reply with quote

hi all, ive been on the forum for a while but never posted... never saw the need to considering i didnt have the game. but i just got it today and theres a problem, whenever i try to open the game it goes to the OMF Title Screen (the one where it says "One Must Fall: BattleGrounds" on a big black background, well it gives me this message:

Appplication: OMF:BG
Time: Sat Dec 27 22:28:16 2003

Crash ID: 190
Call Stack:
Direct3D!0x20013ABA:void DE_CD3DAdapterFactory::SetPrimaryAdapter(int=0)

System Description:
Build: 2090
Platform: Windows ME
Service Pack:

4 MHz AuthenticAMD
PageSize: 4096

Physical Memory: 127MB, Available: 0MB
Total Virtual: 2044MB
Memory Used: 100%

Video Adapter 0: Rage Fury Pro/Xpert 2000 Pro

can somebody tell me what to do? i sent it to [email protected] but they havent gotten back to me yet(i know its only been half a day since i sent it to them but im impatient)
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
veryorkish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote

Erm sorry to break it to you but you only have 128 mb of ram... if you want to play omf you'll need to:
1. Wait until they fix the bug with win me and omf
2. Spend some cash for more ram since you only have 128 mb I'm sure you have room for expansion
3. Get 3d Analyzer so that your vid card will barely be able to support omf.
4. I dunno a 4 MHz proccy doesn't seem right to me
5. Play on a friend's computer
rob2687

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote

the main problem is probly the video card...you need one that has hardware T&L capabilities and i doubt its a 4mhz processor..the log doesnt always report the correct mhz
LittleD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote

well that kinda sucks, i dont really care about the video card, i dont have enough cash(im 14 and mcdonalds near me changed age requirement to 15 yrs old) my dad thinks our computer is the best(even though it sucks the [filtered](he thinks 12x cd speed is the best, idiot( i used to have something better but the DVD with it didnt work so my dad got a worse one that still doesnt work and he didnt exchange it, so now im left with a piece of crap))) since christmas just passed, i could probably get some stuff, i got $240 and used 50 on the game, 12 on a belt, so im down to about 170( i bought lunch one day when i bought the belt at the mall) so what could i get that would make my comp better for 170(i know its not much but damnit im not old enough to work at McDicks...) any suggestions? about what i could get that is. :confused: :confused: :confused:

=============================EDIT===========================
oh come on, now i g2 get a new vid card, i knew it would be that too
veryorkish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote

Mkay I dunno what mobo you have but here is a pretty good pci video card and I would spend the rest on like a 256 stick of ram...
LittleD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote

bad gateway for the video card
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote

first of all id advice trying 3D analize, its a tool that will software like do what other wise ur hardware should do, your game will get extremely low FPS etc but it should work.

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
veryorkish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote

Quote:

That could be a problem Razz
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

That could be a problem Razz

could be one aswell ye, i think the vid card is main cause though..

All errors in spelling and grammer are entirely by design in order to enrage those who have nothing left to add to the discussion and therefore seek superiority through personal attacks.
Spockmeat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote

ya, the ram isn't helping there, but the problem is the video card. The Rage Fury Pro doesn't have hardware Textures and Lighting, so you're not going to be playing the game on that card.

You can try the 3d analyze program as mentioned above. http://www.tommti-systems.de/ the site is german so good luck getting the file. It isn't hard, just go into the files section and look for 3d analyze. Then when you run BG you have to use the 'enable T&L" setting so that it will emulate T&L for you.

Blind patriotism
LittleD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote

Quote:
You can try the 3d analyze program as mentioned above. http://www.tommti-systems.de/ the site is german so good luck getting the file. It isn't hard, just go into the files section and look for 3d analyze. Then when you run BG you have to use the 'enable T&L" setting so that it will emulate T&L for you.

could you give me the exact name? went to files but it wasnt there. the following is what was there:

-ATi Roadmap (von August 2001)
-Neuerungen bei DirectX 8.1 (PowerPoint)
-Vorschau auf DirectX 9 (PowerPoint)
-NVIDIA Patent 6323860 (Tile based Rendering)
-AquaMark3 Reference Rasterizer Screenshots
-FSAA Tester v2.3 (DX9) (18.10.2003)
-N-Patch aka. Truform Tester v1.0 (DX9) (04.01.03)

and there was a russain patch too, but i probably wont understand it, considering its in russian.

========================================EDIT========================================
i was just looking at my cd(for no reason) and i notices that there is some sorta chip in it at the edge. is it supposed to be there?
RKDelos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote

Does it at all resemble this?:

This is a link - Click and be happy!
TheUnknownFactor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote

it doesnt.. :\

NightShadow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote

It was there, I just checked. Looks like you missed the big picture that was also a link in-between all the text Smile.

Well, I was going to put a direct link, but I just noticed that the owner doesn't want it to be directly linked. Anyways, just look for the big picture in-between "AquaMark3 Reference Rasterizer Screenshots" and "FSAA Tester v2.3 (DX9) (18.10.2003)".
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RKDelos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote

Indeed NS.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    OMF:BG Message Board Forum Index -> Retail Bug Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: